Talk

Advanced search

which website for baby stuff?

(13 Posts)
smileyragdoll Mon 03-Jan-05 16:33:58

want to order something to be delivered home but kiddicare havent got it and i wondered which companies do people use and had good service and okay prices from, ?, thaks

Carameli Mon 03-Jan-05 19:29:51

I used Lullabys a while ago now but they were really fast with delivery. How about Johnlewis? I have never used them myself but my mum has ordered lots from them and says they are great.

WestCountryLass Mon 03-Jan-05 19:33:09

John Lewis are really good! What sort of things are you ordering? BabiesRUs and Mothercare have their uses!

phatcat Mon 03-Jan-05 19:48:51

depends what you're after - for general small stuff I use The Baby Catalogue - also known as PHP and also Bump to 3 - previously called Grobag

I've never had any probs with Bump to 3; The Baby Catalogue cocked up once - several items missing from order - but the customer service was good and they sorted it straight away without quibble. BTW - the reason the items were missing is that the online basket truncated anything over the 5th item - so if you are ordering a lot of items do it by phone to be on the safe side - this was in 2003 though - it might have been sorted by now.

hunkermunker Mon 03-Jan-05 20:01:42

kiddicare is very good.

I had to return my buggy to them because it was faulty (rattling wheel) and they were brilliant about it - sent a new one, collected the old one and didn't charge me a penny. It was been £35 cheaper than in Mothercare too - nice! It's always nice to know that an internet-based company has a good returns policy (though if you just change your mind, they do make you pay postage - fair enough IMO!)

misdee Mon 03-Jan-05 20:31:43

hunkermunker she said kiddicare doesnt have it

tassis Mon 03-Jan-05 21:38:29

I've had good experinces with www.babycare-direct.co.uk

smileyragdoll Mon 03-Jan-05 22:39:05

great thanks everyone you know how it is you just get stuck using the same websites, i'm after a citisport pushchair, thanks

evian Mon 03-Jan-05 22:41:44

index had them in the sale

smileyragdoll Mon 03-Jan-05 22:46:50

ooh how exciting will find website now to see thanks

smileyragdoll Mon 03-Jan-05 22:50:18

dam out of stock at index, thanks anyway, anyone seen it cheap anywhere else ?

smileyragdoll Mon 03-Jan-05 22:52:24

dam out of stock at babycare, ids there a shortage of these prams? now after faffing for ages i really want to get one.

hunkermunker Wed 05-Jan-05 00:08:25

Oh. Call me stupid. I didn't read the whole line and a half of your post. I'm a dimbo.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: