Talk

Advanced search

Condenser tumble dryers

(20 Posts)
CountessDingDongDrac Sat 01-Jan-05 17:06:46

I need one NOW. MUST have the water emptying thing at the top not the bottom for reasons too boring to explain. Must also have sensor, ie switch itself off when finished.

Was thinking of this one in white it's rather ugly but seems to fit all the criteria and is going in a cupboard so who cares if it is ugly. I don't know the brand, is Hotpoint a good make? It seems rather cheap so was worried it may be crap.

Discoinferno Sat 01-Jan-05 17:09:16

Hotpoint is a reliable brand. My dryer is hotpoint and I have never had an ounce of trouble with it. Make sure you empty the container after each was rather than when it is full though as it will be more efficient.

Discoinferno Sat 01-Jan-05 17:09:45

that should be - after each wash rather than...........

Tinker Sat 01-Jan-05 17:10:33

My mum swears by Hotpoint. Other may point and laugh though. Will follow thread with interest, my "mil" has told me I have to have a tumble dryer now there is a new baby on the way. Small problem of nowhere to put one

CountessDingDongDrac Sat 01-Jan-05 17:11:16

After each wash? Really? I thought it was every 3. Oh god what a faff

Twiglett Sat 01-Jan-05 17:11:22

Did you know you can get a stacker device and put tumble dryer on top of washing machine and then the water collector thing will be mid-height

don't know if it helps .. you probably haven't got space

Hotpoint is a good brand though

Discoinferno Sat 01-Jan-05 17:12:14

yes in theory you don't have to empty it each time but it will be more efficient if you do.

Twiglett Sat 01-Jan-05 17:12:41

I empty mine after each wash (its Zanussi)

you have to clean the filter out after each dry too ... mmmmm fluff .. most entertaining

codswallop Sat 01-Jan-05 17:12:58

cant you bang a hole in the wall

CountessDingDongDrac Sat 01-Jan-05 17:13:26

Ah okey dokey will do.

No only have room for the tumble dryer in this cupboard I'm afraid as the rest is my airing cupboard (and the washing machine is already happily installed in the larder)

CountessDingDongDrac Sat 01-Jan-05 17:13:48

Well not really as it would come out at the top of the stairs.....

codswallop Sat 01-Jan-05 17:13:53

no prob wiht my creda non condenser

CountessDingDongDrac Sat 01-Jan-05 17:14:58

bet it doesn;t vent into your landing tho

CountessDingDongDrac Sat 01-Jan-05 17:15:46

I would rather have vented but that would mean it being in outbuilding not house which would be a pita

LIZS Sat 01-Jan-05 17:15:50

We had a Bosch one with sensor dry and a collection drawer where the soap dispenser normally is on a WM. However if you forgot to check the drawere and did a full load it would continue to circulate but not dry, in which case you had to empty it mid cycle. I'd recommend havign the outlet plumbed in if poss to avoid this, and then it wouldn't matter where the drawer was.

CountessDingDongDrac Sat 01-Jan-05 17:18:09

LIZS can you elaborate? Can you plumb an outlet in in a condensor one?

Tinker Sat 01-Jan-05 17:21:22

Yes, washer dryers work like this. Or, rather, the dryer part ceased to work in my case.

LIZS Sat 01-Jan-05 17:23:38

Not sure if you can on all models but basically ours has an outlet pipe which is used like a washing machine outlet, running the water directly away. The Bosch one had this function too (hose etc came with it) but we never used it (we were/are in rented accommodation and didn't want to do more than necessary plumbing-wise to install our own WM and dryer). This flat has both WM and dryer included and already plumbed in, so with the dryer we just have to keep the filter fluff free.

CountessDingDongDrac Sat 01-Jan-05 17:45:36

Ah, what is your model no? I will look it up and see if I can get a similar one, that would be ideal.

LIZS Sat 01-Jan-05 18:20:03

The Bosch is around 5 years old, model WTL 4513 electronic. Not sure if was available in UK as we bought it from a Swedish couple over in Switzerland so it may have travelled a bit - but I'm sure there would be something similar. Think the one we now have is the equivalent of Electrolux.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now