Talk

Advanced search

Henry vacuum cleaner....

(13 Posts)
Carameli Sat 01-Jan-05 08:59:18

Has anyone got one of these and are they ok for using with wooden floors? I have been told they are great but wanted to see if anyone here had one?

SantaClausfrau Sat 01-Jan-05 09:23:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jellyhead Sat 01-Jan-05 09:47:31

I have a Henry and our house is all wooden floors. Henry is fab !!

anteater Sat 01-Jan-05 11:13:25

The Jeep of hoovers, basic, reliable and tough. Ours is used on stone and wood floors. Suction is not as good as Mielle, but a tougher machine and cheaper.

JanH Sat 01-Jan-05 11:31:33

Our chimney sweep used a Henry. If they're good for soot they must be good for anything!

I have a Miele (black one) and it is fab but haven't had it that long and I don't think it would last as long as a Henry.

anorak Sat 01-Jan-05 12:31:01

I've been using a Henry for years. It takes a lot of the work out of vacuuming because it's so light.

winterwarmmummer Sat 01-Jan-05 12:31:53

I managed to kill our Henry, but it did have to hoover up about 10 tonnes of plaster dust and 3 christmas trees!

Davrosthesnowwoman Sat 01-Jan-05 17:14:57

Henry is great. I got one 2nd hand for £30 as a second hoover but its so good it took over and the Dyson went in the dustbin (literally!)

Prufrock Tue 04-Jan-05 17:18:56

We love our Henry - also dumped a Dyson (the Landlords) in favour of it.

Flumberrysauce Tue 04-Jan-05 17:21:45

We have a wooden floor and a Henry vacuum cleaner.

They seem very compatible.

When my cleaner started [so thrilled was I icon] she seemed very pleased to meet my Henry hoover (which is inherited and about 15 years old but works super) and said it was a very good hoover.

Go forth and purchase with confidence.

mistletoe Tue 04-Jan-05 17:23:45

Henry is tremendous for hard floors, wonderous for getting in your crevices (!!!!!!), just brill.

No good at all for carpets with dog-hair tho'

Demented Tue 04-Jan-05 17:24:16

We have one and love it! I was very hesitant to choose it over a Dyson but as we have wooden or tiled floors everywhere the upright Dyson that we had was not coping (it was on it's last legs anyway), I wanted to buy a cylinder Dyson but money was a bit tight at the time so we got a Henry and it has been fantastic! Very light and quiet in comparison to a Dyson.

SofiaAmes Tue 04-Jan-05 23:42:29

dh is a builder and will ONLY use a henry. I made the mistake of buying a dyson which I hate (it doesn't pick up anything and the filters cost a fortune and it's always cutting out). Now I fight with dh about who gets to use his henry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now