Talk

Advanced search

Argos bargain wooden train set

(7 Posts)
treacletartandbrandybutter Wed 29-Dec-04 21:48:15

Sorry,I know there's loads of threads like this, but does anyone know if this bargain train set from argos would work with the Ikea set I bought for ds at Christmas - the Ikea bridge is too low for the little wooden Thomas he was also given - I'm hoping this may prove a cost effective way of adding a higher bridge..

JanH Wed 29-Dec-04 21:50:24

Couldn't say definitely, ttabb, but it looks good, FWIW! Or you could rearrange the track to go under the middle of the bridge...?

treacletartandbrandybutter Wed 29-Dec-04 21:55:48

Oh I'm sure Thomas will fit under the bridge, I'm just concerned the track will be the wrong size. I know most of these are made to fit each other but having messed up over Chrimbo I'm being extra cautious

ladymuck Wed 29-Dec-04 21:56:33

Is it the IKEA wooden one with the plastic clip things at the end? If so, then I've certainly intergrated them with the rest of my wooden pieces and would expect to do the same with the Argos ones.

emmatmg Wed 29-Dec-04 21:59:43

We've got brio, hornby, ikea, asda, and gamleys wooden train set and they all fit together.

Some are a nice snug fit, others are lose but we'd bulit some impressive tracks with it all.

Buy it!

treacletartandbrandybutter Wed 29-Dec-04 22:00:09

yes thats the one

Furball Wed 29-Dec-04 22:08:33

We've got this one, DS had it last christmas at £20 it was still a bargain. The track itself has a hole either end of each piece, then you use plastic connectors to join it together. It's similar to the Brio etc stuff. DS has a Brio train, which works better than the train supplied, so I imagine it is sort of compatable with others as long as you joined it to a female piece of your own track.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now