Talk

Advanced search

Bargain In My Local Woolworths.....

(17 Posts)
Fimbo Wed 29-Dec-04 11:45:23

Finding Nemo DVD (Collectors Edition 2 discs), kiddies size Nemo beach towel, kiddies size Nemo goggles all in a little back pack for £4.99!! Reduced from £26.99.

They were at the till point in my local branch of Woolworths in Wymondham Norfolk. Don't know if its just available there or if all over

annh Sun 02-Jan-05 21:25:24

Thought it was worth bouncing this as I bought one in my local Woolies today so they are obviously still around. Now I just have to hide it until ds2's birthday in March!

misdee Sun 02-Jan-05 21:28:34

wil check out woolies tomorrow! cheers.

BubblesDeVere Sun 02-Jan-05 21:29:17

Thank you for that, dh is going to try and get some tomorrow when he goes into town for me.

mishi1977 Sun 02-Jan-05 21:40:51

ooo going to have a nose tommorow...my sis is 18 but loves the film and always asks to borrow ours...soooo...lol

blueteddy Sun 02-Jan-05 21:45:56

Looked on their website & it is not on there.
Will have to look in the shop. I don't like to miss a bargin!

FeastofStevenmom Sun 02-Jan-05 21:56:07

oooh will have to see if I can get one of these

never mind DS, I really want to see the film

happynewessbee Sun 02-Jan-05 22:14:57

Message withdrawn

annh Tue 04-Jan-05 17:26:07

I also checked the website and it wasn't there. It was really busy in the store when I went in and didn't feel like trawling around various aisles looking for it so asked a supervisor-type person who happened to be standing there, she went off and got one from a store room for me. Could be worth asking if they have any left, if you don't see one immediately.

misdee Tue 04-Jan-05 18:04:13

can someone get me one pls. i dont have time to get into the shop as dh is back in hospital. will pay p+p as well.

ixel Sun 09-Jan-05 16:06:31

I remembered seeing this thread,but when I was in Woolies the other day, they had the packs, at 4.99, but because there was no DVD in them. They'd just scribbled out 'dvd' on the description on the pack. . Did you really get the DVD in yours?

annh Sun 09-Jan-05 20:55:01

Yikes! Certainly hope there's a DVD in it. There's definitely the box for it there and the plastic tag holding the zip closed is still in place so I don't see how they could have got anything out? I'm keeping it for ds's birthday but might just have to go take a look now!

ixel Mon 10-Jan-05 08:26:20

I think if the box is there you should be ok. didnt mean to panic you!! May be out woolies is just crap! But if ours is the same price without the DVD, I feel the need for a discount coming on!

Tetley Mon 10-Jan-05 13:19:11

I've just been in to my Woolies & it's the same situation as Ixel - i.e. they're reduced because there's no DVD. I checked this out with a member of staff there.

However they didn't have the box in there, so if yours has got a box in then I'm sure you're OK - & count yourself lucky that you got a bargain

Fimbo Mon 10-Jan-05 13:22:37

Oh that has made me cross now . When I got mine, the man who was putting them out at the till fronts, told the guy on the checkout to keep plugging them as they were still selling the DVD for £16.99!! I def. got a bargain then that day!!

misdee Mon 10-Jan-05 13:23:49

can anyone see if they have ones with the dvd in for £4.99 at local store? pretty please

Fimbo Mon 10-Jan-05 13:28:04

I wont be at mine until Saturday/Sunday Misdee, I will try for you, but they were actually giving them to the checkout operators on the day I was in to plug so I very much doubt they will have them now. Also if a couple of are taking the DVD out then all the stores will probably be doing it - blooming cheek.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now