Talk

Advanced search

Has anybody got any experience of the Micralite Stroller Pushchair?

(11 Posts)
cupcakes Tue 28-Dec-04 21:12:56

I am thinking of buying a new pushchair for my dd who is 22 months. She has kind of outgrown her Urban Detour - well, I find it too cumbersome to push when she wants to walk and I have to hold her hand...
Used a Maclaren with our ds when he was at this stage but I want something more substantial but also lightweight this time. Dd will still be in it quite a lot as come rain or shine there are now school runs for ds to be done every day.
I think this fits the bill but wondered if anybody had one and could give me their opinion on it?
TIA

shrub Tue 28-Dec-04 21:31:25

can't vouch for the one you have linked to, but will say i bought after much deliberation and lifting loads of different prams the maclaren volo won in the end. i think its the lightest in the market and when ds2 wants to walk i can fold it down with one hand and carry it over my shoulder as it has a shoulder strap.

cupcakes Wed 29-Dec-04 09:26:43

Thanks Shrub - will look out for that one.
Anyone else used the Micralite?

lockets Wed 29-Dec-04 09:29:28

Message withdrawn

Kittypickle Wed 29-Dec-04 09:33:08

I got mine just before xmas so I haven't used it much at all yet. DS (15m) doesn't look as comfortable in it as I hoped. It is easy to push one handed. I'm not convinced on how good it will be off road though, and the front wheels are fairly wide apart which makes it feel quite big. I also haven't sussed out how to fold it one handed. DH thinks it's quite cool though!

cupcakes Wed 29-Dec-04 10:56:03

Thanks for that info!
It does seem a bit worrying if a 14month is crammed in one. I will have to see if I can find a local retailer and have a go with one.

ja9 Thu 03-Feb-05 17:09:18

resurrecting this thread for myself as am condsidering this pushchair too and wondered if anyone else has any more to add?

treacletart Thu 03-Feb-05 18:09:01

I've mentioned this on previoius threads - I love my micralite but I'm not sure its the comfiest ride for DS (19m) and finding a sun shade was a nightmare - a protectabub shade did the trick nicely in the end - but not the deluxe version... hope this helps - its a doddle to push one handed by the way - imortant when they want to walk so often now.

ja9 Thu 03-Feb-05 20:11:36

thanks treacletart, i've done a search on your 'micralite' messages and had a wee read. think i'm gonna get one.. now just have to decide on colour... probably red tho' cos its so fun!

Chickyboo Sun 06-Feb-05 19:33:39

I love my micralite, it is really easy to steer, very light and easy to fold. I bought mine here
It was much cheaper and they also do loads of accessories.

ja9 Sun 06-Feb-05 19:46:45

Hi chickyboo

i'm going to get one tomorrow and i'm sooo excited!! thanks for the link. I'm going to buy it from glasgow pram centre. They are doing the cheapest deal i can find (which is a bonus since they are my nearest stockist) and they also price match high street AND internet prices.

What colour is yours?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now