Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fashion advice needed - Frye (sp?) Style Work Boots

(10 Posts)
Demented Mon 27-Dec-04 16:58:21

I have ordered a pair of these in the Next sale, I tried on a pair in the shop yesterday and really liked them, although they were too small so have ordered the next size up. My question is I thought I would wear them with jeans or my long denim skirt but it has just occurred to me that as they are wide at the top, not fitting, IYKWIM would they be a bit strange especially with the jeans. Before I make a big fashion mistake does anyone know if they are suppose to be worn with cropped jeans or something (have seen people wearing cropped jeans and boots and don't think it's quite me). They would probably look odd with a shorter skirt too.

Does anyone have them (real ones or copies) and what do you wear them with?

ChristmasCracker Mon 27-Dec-04 17:00:23

Erm not sure, is there a piccie on the next site ??

emMerryChristmastmg Mon 27-Dec-04 17:02:33

I've ordered a pair too and I always wear cropped jeans as I'm a short ar$e.

hadn't actually thought about what they should be worn with, just like them so got them

(BTw did you see my post that the trousers for ds3 arrived safely, I lost you email so posted it on here for you then forgot to check that you saw it)

Demented Mon 27-Dec-04 17:11:37

Here's the real thing on e-bay . I've maybe answered my own question by posting this link except I wouldn't look as good as that in such a short skirt and I only have bootleg jeans or cropped, I would imagine to tuck the jeans in like that you would need straight legged ones.

Emma, thanks, I saw your post on the other thread, glad they got to you in one piece. To be honest I was like you when I ordered the boots, I like them, they're reduced, I'll order them but I've obviously had too much thinking time this afternoon!

ChristmasCracker Mon 27-Dec-04 17:16:56

Oooh those are nice, i'm sure they will look great

Demented Mon 27-Dec-04 17:18:05

The real ones look really scrummy, shame they are about eight times the price of the Next ones!

Demented Wed 29-Dec-04 23:48:48

Emma have you got your boots yet? Mine arrived today and I don't have the will power to return them.

gingerbear Thu 30-Dec-04 00:28:49

These are mine.....
work issue too

gingerbear Thu 30-Dec-04 00:31:23

mine are generally worn with hard hat and safety glasses.
Didn't I see Julia Roberts wearing similar??

gingerbear Sun 02-Jan-05 22:19:55

will be wearing mine again on Tuesday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now