Talk

Advanced search

Trousers for skinny toddler

(16 Posts)
SmokedSamN Mon 27-Dec-04 01:36:24

Ds1 is 2y9m and all his trousers are either too short or too wide at the waist. The wide ones are causing particular problems with his running style and he's also got into the habit of walking round the house hoiking them up from time to time.

I don't have a sewing machine and I was never very good at dressmaking/alterations anyway, so could anyone recommend a good (preferably cheapish) retailer for skinny boys' trousers?

ta very much

Christmassbee Mon 27-Dec-04 05:12:39

Message withdrawn

SantaGoesToTheGym Mon 27-Dec-04 05:50:01

Also, Boden do those old fashioned snake belts.

oneofeach Mon 27-Dec-04 08:23:55

Pumpkin Patch do adjustable waists and I think Next have started to aswell (although it will be Hell on Earth in there at the moment).

LIZS Mon 27-Dec-04 09:36:30

Some of H and M and Gap trousers have adjustable waists with button elastic. Not sure whether that includes toddler-sized trousers though. With ds we found that Debenhams trousers (especially the Jasper Conran range) and Next sometimes have skinnier waist and leg cut, but very much trial and error.

Gobbledigoose Mon 27-Dec-04 10:10:46

I've the same problem - ds1 is 3yr9months and I struggle with his trousers as to get the length I end up with enormous waist and it's a nightmare. I find Next the best although atm he is really going into age 3 in length but the waist is ridiculous - no way he can wear them. Bought him a GAP pair the other day and the waist on those is massive too.

Mum keeps telling me to get a snake belt - anyone know where you get them from?

mishiclaus Mon 27-Dec-04 10:19:38

similair problem with my ds who is 14mths he still wears a nappy but even so we have to put braces on his trousers as they fit in length but are gaping at the waist...i dread to think when he has no nappy....the braces do work thouhg and i tend to put them under his tops rather than over

NotQuiteCockney Mon 27-Dec-04 11:31:00

I have a skinny kid too - Benetton are great for skinny kids. (Particularly their girls' trousers, but boys can wear light blue velour jeans too, right?)

And if you're ever in France, Du Pareil au Meme is great. Fairly skinny cut, gorgeous classic clothes, really cheap. Gap or Gymboree clothes at H+M prices.

WigWamBam Mon 27-Dec-04 11:41:47

I don't know about skinny boys, but my skinny dd has always been OK with trousers from George at Asda, Adams and H&M.

joashiningstar Mon 27-Dec-04 13:07:23

We sometimes have the same problem with GS - bought him some good old fashioned braces in a variety of designs and colours and appear to have started a trend - everybody's asking about them.

Gobbledigoose Mon 27-Dec-04 13:13:34

Oh yes, Benetton are great but there's not one that near me. Can you get their stuff online anywhere?

Socci Mon 27-Dec-04 14:09:40

Message withdrawn

SantaClausfrau Mon 27-Dec-04 14:46:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Clayhead Mon 27-Dec-04 16:45:20

Another vote for the H&M ones with adjustable waist. Also, dd has some good fitting trousers from Zara.

WigWamBam Mon 27-Dec-04 17:00:53

Be careful with Primark, their sizes are very variable, dd has a couple of pairs that fit fine, others in the same size are miles too big.

SmokedSamN Mon 27-Dec-04 20:08:59

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and advice. You've given me lots of ideas and I shall hunt around.

I remember getting lots of bargains in Primark when he was younger but we've moved since then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now