Talk

Advanced search

Which are the best ceramic hair straighteners?

(10 Posts)
Satine Fri 24-Dec-04 11:29:23

My curly hair has gone wavy and frizzy since having children (what with frizzy hair, cellulite and baby sick I'm a real vision of loveliness these days....sigh...)and I want to go for straight hair but does anyone have any recemmendations? Do they ruin your hair?

WideWebWitch Fri 24-Dec-04 11:30:02

GHD apparently.

CountessDingDongDrac Fri 24-Dec-04 12:01:51

yes GHD

Jen84 Wed 29-Dec-04 22:13:39

I have owned five pairs of straightners over the years and the best by far are ghd they are expensive but they do the job in half the time cheaper ones do and only take seconds to heat up and my hair always looks like i've been to the hairdressers. Bonus!

blossomhill Wed 29-Dec-04 22:14:40

I wnat some ghd's but does anyone know where I can get them the cheapest?

ladymuck Wed 29-Dec-04 22:16:46

GHDs. Try looksfantastic.com

Satine Wed 29-Dec-04 22:19:02

Thanks- I had heard that GHDs were the best but I wasn't sure if they just had really good pr! Just have to work on convincing dh that it's an essential expense...

JanH Wed 29-Dec-04 22:19:19

blossomhill, try Look fantastic.com .

Got them from there for my DDs at Christmas, £87 a pair including free clips (£4) and serum (£9). You have to register first but worth a look!

Jen84 Wed 29-Dec-04 22:37:41

You can usually get a good deal on ebay but make sure it's not the imitation 'ghd style' ones.

Blossomhill Thu 30-Dec-04 13:46:13

God I really can't justify £100 this soon after christmas. However I am going to save so I can get some. Borrowed some from my cousin as I was a bridesmaid on Monday. My mum straightened my hair on Sunday and it's still dead straight now. Am just about to wash my hair now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now