Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone suggest where to buy a new washing maching and vacuum from please?

(8 Posts)
Aniles Thu 23-Dec-04 17:32:39

Hello

Would yo believe, my washing machine and my vacuum cleaner have packed in both at the same time and right before Christmas!!

I obviously need to replace them but my money is very limited. Whose isn't at this time of year! So, where would you recommend I go to buy a washing machine, or possibly a washer/dryer (haven't space for separates) and a vacuum cleaner? Am I likely to find them much cheaper in the January sales? When is the best time to shop? I don't mind buying online but would need my old washing machine taken away.

Please advise

joandkids Sun 02-Jan-05 16:01:03

have a look at electricals on line these have very large selection and best pricing on web...excellent service used them several times. hope this is of use

JudgeFlounce Sun 02-Jan-05 16:04:25

Message deleted

Twiglett Sun 02-Jan-05 16:07:01

check out kelkoo .. they do a price search

I've found Currys seems surprisingly cheap but you're best checking round the sales

if in doubt pick the model you like, get the yellow pages and just phone up all the shops

even if you buy online they take away the old machine

HTH

DelGirl Sun 02-Jan-05 16:13:36

Aniles - if you can be bothered, have a look at Comet online, then there clearance bargains. They;ve got appliances on there that you bid for over a few days. All come with the usual guarantee. Some are perfect condition, others may have the odd scratch. I bought a dishwasher off there last week and saved £100.

Carla Sun 02-Jan-05 16:33:59

My first port of call would be John Lewis.

galaxy Sun 02-Jan-05 16:37:44

We used "pricerunner.com" when we bought our vaccuum cleaner. Then we checked currys on line and got it for £90.00 less than everywhere else.

JanH Sun 02-Jan-05 17:01:18

I bought my vac from Hughes Direct - very quick. When it came there was a fault with it (cord wouldn't stay out) so they immediately sent me another one and the courier took the first one away. There is a fixed delivery charge so you can stock up with bags etc at the same time.

Mine is Miele S571 , it is fab!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now