Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

A4 folders for home office - nice ones - where from?

(21 Posts)
mckenzie Wed 22-Dec-04 21:04:24

We've just had our home office furniture fitted and I'm keen now tog et some nice new files etc. I've looked in the stationary brochure from my DH's office but they are all a bit to staid and 'officey'. I know it's for an office but it's in our home and so i'd like them to be a bit nicer, maybe a tad funky even.

I've been searching the web but haven't found anything suitable yet. Can anyone recommend a store perhaps that i should try?

Thanks in advance.

spacedonkey Wed 22-Dec-04 21:05:32

paperchase?

mckenzie Wed 22-Dec-04 21:25:45

tried searching on their website for folders and for files and both drew a blank...

KatieMaChristmas Wed 22-Dec-04 21:37:57

ikea?

Santasluckylittlehelper Wed 22-Dec-04 21:39:30

WHSmith?

JanH Wed 22-Dec-04 21:41:47

What do you mean exactly, mckenzie?

Stationery Box have loads of colourful box files/binders/folders etc.

Cinderellascarrieg Wed 22-Dec-04 21:42:42

Stationary Box or Partners? Both in my high street (Huddersfield) - both do jazzy folders. Not exactly subtle & tasteful if that's what you were after mind you - I colour coded all my teaching resources in assorted holographic shades last year...

Cinderellascarrieg Wed 22-Dec-04 21:43:19

aaargh...Stationery...can't believe I did that!

Frizbethereindeer Wed 22-Dec-04 21:45:45

Wilkos for cheap, for fancy Selfridges

PaRumPumPumScum Wed 22-Dec-04 21:48:32

paperchase paperchase paperchase paperchase paperchase paperchase paperchase paperchase paperchase paperchase paperchase paperchase paperchase paperchase paperchase paperchase paperchase paperchase paperchase paperchase paperchase paperchase

You have to go there and drool and choose- online doesn't really cut it for stationery IME, (but I do have a fetish.)

Woolies ain't bad either, actually. And Muji are very good if you like the plain, functional yet cool look. But best of the highstreet is without doubt paperchase. So that you have a valid need to go there, you lucky, lucky woman!

JanH Wed 22-Dec-04 21:49:59

Stationery Box do have some fab tasteless colours though, it has to be said, and quite cheap too.

PaRumPumPumScum Wed 22-Dec-04 21:53:58

Are there Stationery Boxes in london, does anyone know? Why do I not know of this wonderful purveyor of economical yet fantastic paper goods? I am distraught!

mckenzie Wed 22-Dec-04 22:08:26

I've never heard of Stationery Box either. Just checked their website though and they have a few stores about 45 mins away from me so as so many of you have recommended them I shall take a trip there in the new year (and come back and moan at you if it was wasted!!)

codswallop Wed 22-Dec-04 22:10:53

ikea

hoxtonturkey Wed 22-Dec-04 22:17:14

i agree with scummy. paperchase's website is useless. go to the big one on tottenham court road, you'll come out wondering where the day went....

JanH Wed 22-Dec-04 22:21:02

Stationery Box can usually be found close to Ethel Austin, Peacocks and others of that ilk. It is not a high-class establishment!

hoxtonturkey Wed 22-Dec-04 22:23:56

i like the sound of it jan!

PaRumPumPumScum Wed 22-Dec-04 22:39:25

It does sound mighty fine. I must find one...

Enideepmidwinter Wed 22-Dec-04 23:06:39

paperchase. Did someone say that already? I like Muji too esp. their perspex pen holders

PaRumPumPumScum Wed 22-Dec-04 23:13:08

Ahem! Yes someone DID say that already, Enid.

I will forgive you because I love the word "perspex" for some reason.

Davrosthesnowwoman Thu 23-Dec-04 10:13:21

How could anyone disagree with Paperchase, so lovely to just go there. I got some nice ring binders from Woolies last week though, a purple sort-of clear one and a wider bright pink one, both 99p!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now