Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Cheapest place for batteries

(15 Posts)
Peckarollover Wed 22-Dec-04 17:57:40

I need to go and get a load of batteries AAs, AAAs, Ds and Cs to fuel the annoying toys about to be unleashed.

Where is best place to go

popsycal Wed 22-Dec-04 17:59:45

supermarkets????
am guessing.....

Hulababy Wed 22-Dec-04 18:01:52

Asda are pretty good. BUT very busy right now!

What about somewhere like Wilkinsons, TG Hughes or even Woolies?

Kaysleighbells Wed 22-Dec-04 18:02:44

Ikea do very cheap batteries. Costco do reasonably cheap batteries. Toys R Us sometimes have special offers - buy 1 get 1 free. As do Boots. Not sure who has them on offer at moment though.

ChristmasCracker Wed 22-Dec-04 18:04:15

Wilkos were 3 for 2 so have got most of mine from there.

Got a pack of 12 AA's aswell from peacocks for 2 quid.

WigWamBam Wed 22-Dec-04 18:19:47

Ikea do huge packs of batteries very cheaply, and the quality is good too.

JanH Wed 22-Dec-04 18:45:22

I got a fantastic pack at Ethel Austin the other day - 4xD, 2xC, 12xAA, 4xAAA and 2 9 volt - for £2.50 (at least that's what it says on it though I have a feeling it was actually less.) They are called "Ultra" but I don't know if that means alkaline or not.

Lidl's are quite cheap too. Otheriwse your best bet is a 3 for 2 somewhere but I haven't noticed any recently.

pepsi Wed 22-Dec-04 18:46:38

My hubby buys them online from a place in Jersey, they are very cheap, he's out tonight but I'll ask him what the place is called tommorrow.

pixiefish Wed 22-Dec-04 18:48:41

boots have a bogof offer on at the moment

FrostyTheSurfMum Wed 22-Dec-04 19:06:42

Just got 32 AAs and 16 Cs - Phillips ones - for £6.99 each from Toys R Us.

morningmayhem Wed 22-Dec-04 19:19:12

7 day shop
I think this is the place Pepsi was talking about. We use them all the time. Really good service and really cheap. lots of other things on the site too

giraffeINAMANGERski Wed 22-Dec-04 19:39:09

Apologies if this has already been mentioned (haven't bothered to read rest of thread) but IKEA do batteries really cheaply, i always stock up when i go there. But i appreciate that unless you live nearby it might be a bit of as nightmare to go just for batteries!

Peckarollover Wed 22-Dec-04 22:16:08

There is an Ikea at the metrocentre which is near me but really dont think I could be bothered with going near to that place this close to christmas!

I will check out boots tomorrow - I forgot to make a note of what we needed before wrapping so going to have to buy loads of each and hope theres enough!

tillykins Wed 22-Dec-04 22:19:25

DON'T go to the pound shop - they are very cheap but only last for about 3.5 seconds
Aren't they quite cheap in Argos?

logICICLE Wed 22-Dec-04 22:48:17

My dh gets batteries in bulk from Battery Force.

here

They even sent us a free Belgian chocolate

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: