Talk

Advanced search

Leap frog - help?

(8 Posts)
pinkmamma Wed 22-Dec-04 08:35:41

Am confused by all the different leap frog stuff... can you recommend what to buy for Ds aged 2? Need to start from scratch ie. buy the main part and extras but it looks oooh so confusing

blossom2 Wed 22-Dec-04 08:41:16

I'm sure there are 3 types:
1) for babies 6mths+
2) My First Leapfrog - 3 to 5 years
3) The Book - can remember what its called and its for 4+ years. this one looks like a book!!

I brought the My First Leapfrog (comes in pink & blue) for DD when she was 2 years - has only now just started using it 8 months later!!!

The My First Leapfrog (about £25-27.00), comes with 1 book and cartridge and then you can get additional books. A recent thread said that Woolworths are selling books at £4.99 (normally £9.99). The batteries are AA I think but best to check when you buy it. You can get leapfrog sets and books EVERYWHERE. And the handy thing about My First Leapfrog is that you can get books & cartridges from different countries and it still works.

I think the Leapfrog website is www.leapfrog.com.

Hope that helps rather than confuse!!

woodpops Wed 22-Dec-04 10:17:32

The book is just Leappad. If I were you I'd get my 1st leappad for your ds. My ds had the leappad for his birthday and is fine using it but I know my dd can't use it yet and she's very nearly 2.

gothicsanta Wed 22-Dec-04 10:19:37

if you can get there go to an ELC and try tehm out

pinkmamma Thu 23-Dec-04 14:24:44

Thanks for info. Am slightly less confused now! Will go and try them out, hopefully get something in the sales

Hulababy Thu 23-Dec-04 14:49:22

My DD is 2y 8m and she is getting a pink Leappad for Christmas off her uncle and auntie. DD has used a friend's and can use the basic functions and adores reading and stories, and she can control the bed quite well too. BIL/SIL just figured it was a much better buy than the My First Leappad version.

Hulababy Thu 23-Dec-04 14:50:56

BTW, Leappad stuff (don't know about the My first, ) but definitely Leappad and the books are on 3 for 2 at ELC.

Hulababy Thu 23-Dec-04 14:52:53

Oh, and some of the Leappad books start from 3 years - the pre-reading range, such as this one . I have seem this one and others from same age range in ELC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now