loader

Talk

Advanced search

bosch maxx wahing machine

(20 Posts)
codswallop Tue 21-Dec-04 14:07:17

wats it like?

Laylasmum Tue 21-Dec-04 14:09:43

We have recently had one of these machines. we previously had an LG one which is supposed to be super quiet but wasn't so that one went back and in came bosch, i find it as quiet as these things can be! would recommend ( they also have a free 2yr manufacturers guarantee as opposed to one with most other machines!!)

blossom2 Tue 21-Dec-04 14:09:58

Is this the one with the fancy display panel and loads of programmes?!?!

We had one installed last Xmas back in London and it is fantastic. Tenants love it too, although i did only tend to use a couple of programmes.

codswallop Tue 21-Dec-04 14:12:04

oh good

MistltAeroAndWine Tue 21-Dec-04 14:13:25

Sorry coddy - slight Hijack - Hello Blossom2 - how're you all doing over there?

blossom2 Tue 21-Dec-04 14:15:34

Hello MistitAeroandWine

I'm okay in Paris - its REALLY hard but we're coping. trying to decide whether to post something personal on MN .... and i'm 9 weeks pregnant!!!!

how are you??

MistltAeroAndWine Tue 21-Dec-04 14:31:07

Am very well and so are Ronnie and Charlie. Huge Congratulations to you all re the pregnancy. That'll be lovely for dd.

blossom2 Tue 21-Dec-04 14:37:39

I thought it was you!!! but didn't want to say on a noticeboard. We were wondering how you all are.

We found the cat books during our move so i'll be posting them off to you in the new year. We're spending Xmas here (kinda miss london).

codswallop Tue 21-Dec-04 14:38:42

ahem!

sinclair Tue 21-Dec-04 14:40:29

Coddy, we have this and it has a 20% bigger drum or somesuch which is a huge help - only prob on ours is that you can't see how far along the programme it has got (not sure why this it so annoying but it is) but I think they have fixed even that now. Now reassure a nation and tell us this isn't a Christmas present?

blossom2 Tue 21-Dec-04 14:40:38

sorry Codswallop ... i'm online now and please feel free to email me on the yahoo address ...

take care ...

codswallop Tue 21-Dec-04 14:43:45

fgs no!!
ours ( bought whne ds1 wa born) 6 years ago has given up
not suprised on three loads a day

did find 32 p there though!

MistltAeroAndWine Tue 21-Dec-04 14:47:35

....sorry coddy!

MistltAeroAndWine Tue 21-Dec-04 14:48:33

btw - Our machine died last week too! Poor timing imo! Have bought a new one which is coming tomorrow - hooray!

santaclary Thu 23-Dec-04 12:31:12

we have a bosch max as our zanussi died a couple of months ago...
it's fab, soooo quiet and nice big drum so you can cut down on those 3 loads a day (!!) (still just as much ironing to do tho
Ours (unlike sinclair's, we clearly have superios model) has a little LCD telling you how many minutes are left to run!
Only prob is it's easy for DS2 (scamp) to trun the dial and change the programme/turn it off. But he's not allowed in the kitchen anyway since he slammed the grill pan into the fridge and dented it...

JaNgLyBELLS Thu 23-Dec-04 12:41:42

Oh Coddy - I'm in good company then. Mine conked out a week ago. Got a new one coming but not till week into January. Got to have another LG under the insurance. Liked the last one though, until it died!

mullgedwine Thu 23-Dec-04 13:10:42

Santaclary - if you hold down the start key for 4 or 5 secs it locks the dials so interfering fingers don't disrupt the cycle. Hold start button down again at end of cycle to unlock. hth

codswallop Thu 23-Dec-04 13:13:51

ditto to all that
it is good
have starte d anew thred in its honour

hercyulelog Thu 23-Dec-04 13:25:22

I've got one too and my only gripe was that dd could switch it off so easily and I'd have to start from the beginning again. I will try that tip next wash. Thanks

santaclary Wed 29-Dec-04 00:15:31

mulledwine, only just seen your tip so will try that next time. Thanx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now