Tell me about BATHSTORE and bathroom products in general please!

(15 Posts)
scampadoodle Wed 12-Mar-08 19:05:27

We're re-doing our bathroom, there's a Bathstore near us, & everything seems good quality & reasonably priced but I know nowt about these things - what are they like?

There seems to be a humungous gap between stuff in this price range & the 'named' brands. Is the more expensive stuff worth it?

scampadoodle Wed 12-Mar-08 20:11:26

Bumpity-bump

Habbibu Wed 12-Mar-08 20:17:05

We had bathroom in our old house redone with Bathstore stuff - only time we've ever done it, so hard to compare, but we were really pleased - service was good, quality great, would happily use them again.

Smittals Wed 12-Mar-08 20:17:26

I thought Bathstore were supposed to be good - we are planning a new bathroom and I would have looked there without worrying about quality. Can you go and have a look at the 'named brands' in the flesh and the bathstore stuff to see if there's any difference? I would have thought that it's the quality of fittings like flush mechanisms, taps, pop up wastes, that you need to be careful with. The actual pottery can't be that different apart from its design? You could get the cheaper pottery and spend the money on 'quality' fittings perhaps? In the last place I did up, I did have a very plasticky toilet flush that subsequently kept sticking, so that is something I'm going to check this time around ! grin

flowerybeanbag Wed 12-Mar-08 20:18:26

We had a new bathroom recently, used Bathstore stuff and a fitter they recommended, very very pleased with both.

dizzydixies Wed 12-Mar-08 20:20:11

prices don't include VAT and you have to pay for delivery as you're not allowed to pick up the stuff from the store
thats all I know sorry

Habbibu Wed 12-Mar-08 20:21:22

Taps and fittings all great. Plumber who fitted it was also very impressed and wanted details of where we'd got it from so he could buy some himself...

Tinker Wed 12-Mar-08 20:21:41

Is that true? Have one at the end of my road, but would pissed off in the extreme if I had to pay for someting to be delivered that we could carry home. Not a bath, obviously

Habbibu Wed 12-Mar-08 20:23:36

I think they only have display stuff in store - central warehouses, if I recall correctly. I guess that keeps the prices down.

scampadoodle Wed 12-Mar-08 22:26:33

yes, everything gets delivered from central warehouses. But I think the prices do include vat.

Thanks everyone, that's very helpful smile

hairtwiddler Wed 12-Mar-08 23:14:11

I'm in the middle of a bathroom refit and have done a lot of research about this! Price-wise, bathstore is at the higher end imo. We've decided to get the things we really care about there. However, I have sourced a lot of very similar quality stuff at plumbcenter. Sorry, link not working at the mo but www.plumbcenter.co.uk (I think). They have a technical advice email support service, and the feedback I've read is good.
It all depends on how much you want to spend. We're still waiting on final plumber quotes, which will dictate how much we spend on "sanitary ware".
Can you tell I've thought a lot about this recently?

hairtwiddler Thu 13-Mar-08 18:34:37

Oops, it's actually plumworld I was talking about.

newgirl Thu 13-Mar-08 18:44:28

you can collect stuff from the stores - it explains all in the brochures at the back

i think their stuff is pretty good and good value. im not sure it is the best quality in the world - eg one of our toilet cisterns from there has stopped working but that might happen with other makes too?

the shower is good though

hairtwiddler Thu 13-Mar-08 18:55:38

Plumbworld, I meant. I'll get it right sometime.

user1475069626 Wed 28-Sep-16 15:58:35

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now