Talk

Advanced search

Double buggies - Out and about Nipper 360 owners - some questions!!

(11 Posts)
crokky Thu 14-Feb-08 16:59:24

Hi, I'm hoping someone can give me a few pointers with this buggy - I have a toddler who is not yet 2 and am also due with my 2nd in a few weeks. I am still puking and feel manky so getting to grips with the double buggy is beating me!!! It is much bigger and more complicated than my nice little single umbrella stroller!! Anyway, main questions are:

1. Do you lock the position of the front wheel before you fold the buggy up?

2. Do you need one or both seats in the reclined/upright position before folding or does it not matter?

3. When the buggy folds, does it latch closed and lock into the folded position or is it just folded without any catches?

4. How do you pick the thing up once it is folded? Which bits to grab?

5. Any other pointers anyone could give would be gratefully received! - I drive a lot (no pavements in one direction + a bit out of town) and need to fold/unfold every day to get in and out of the car. Plus it will have to live folded up in the car as it doesn't fit through my door!

onelittlelion Thu 14-Feb-08 18:17:39

There is a video demo here www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_531_10751_-1__14867_10001_ I was looking as interested in the single ;)

crokky Thu 14-Feb-08 20:45:42

Thanks very much, that explains everything. The paper instructions are not that great IMO, so watching the video was fab!

Spoo Thu 14-Feb-08 20:54:05

I love my Nipper and still use it for near 2 and 3 year old. THe only problem I find is folding it but apart from that ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!

lauramichaels Thu 14-Feb-08 20:59:56

they www.babyfy.com, lots of information about baby products.

Sidge Thu 14-Feb-08 21:01:12

1. Do you lock the position of the front wheel before you fold the buggy up? I DON'T.

2. Do you need one or both seats in the reclined/upright position before folding or does it not matter? NO, THEY FLOP AROUND SO YOU JUST SORT OF FOLD THEM DOWN.

3. When the buggy folds, does it latch closed and lock into the folded position or is it just folded without any catches? UM, I DON'T LATCH MINE BUT I THINK YOU CAN.

4. How do you pick the thing up once it is folded? Which bits to grab? I TAKE IT OUT OF THE CAR BY THE "PRONGS", WHICH STICK OUT A BIT, THEN GRAB THE HANDLE AND PUSH THE BAR UNDERNEATH WITH MY FOOT WHICH FLIPS IT OPEN, I CAN DO IT ONE HANDED NOW.

5. Any other pointers anyone could give would be gratefully received! - I drive a lot (no pavements in one direction + a bit out of town) and need to fold/unfold every day to get in and out of the car. Plus it will have to live folded up in the car as it doesn't fit through my door! MINE LIVES IN THE CAR, I LOVE IT AND IT IS A DREAM TO PUSH. I CAN OPEN IT ONE HANDED IN ABOUT 5 SECONDS (NO EXAGGERATING).

Spoo Thu 14-Feb-08 21:04:03

Wow Sidge - wish I could do it one handed. envy seriously!

Sidge Thu 14-Feb-08 21:11:39

LOL Spoo - I can unfold it one handed but I need both to fold it. Even my DH can open and shut the Nipper and he is Death to pushchairs (he believes the only way to open them or close them is to shake and kick them until they submit grin)

jm54 Sun 31-Aug-08 22:00:06

Am about to order one of these puppies, second baby is due in Nov when DS will be 23 months. A few more questions to experienced handlers, this time about accessories ... was thinking I will have to buy 2 footmuffs (ouch!) plus a newborn support, and thought the basket for the bottom would be a good idea as well (I use the basket on my current single buggy alot). Any comments/advice?

:

MilaMae Sun 31-Aug-08 22:26:18

Yes to all 3.

The footmuffs are fab. All 3 of my dc used them until they were 4 and there was still lots of room. Washed up a treat and are still as good as new, were good in wet weather if I didn't have time to get the cover on. Have had sooo many friends comment on how great they are over the years. I bought a cheap muff for a temporary pushchair and it was crap in comparison.

The baskets are really useful.

You need the newborn headrests but as they are machine washable a second hand one on E-bay would be fine,you don't need them for long.

I only ever had my double Nipper for my twins, it was my 1 and only pushchair. Loved it so much I downsized to a 360 single when dd came along-brilliant!!!!!

jm54 Tue 02-Sep-08 09:08:14

Thanks for this MilaMae, really helpful! It adds another hundred quid onto the buggy price, but I'll just have to bite that, I guess! Will shop around on t'internet and see what deals are out there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now