Talk

Advanced search

Where on earth do I find baby leggings/footed trousers??

(23 Posts)
EllieKat Mon 14-Jan-08 14:02:13

I know they exist - just about - because I've found the very odd pair on ebay. Basically, what I'm looking for is pairs of pull-on leggings with feet, exactly like the bottom half of a babygro. I think they're called leggings. I need some because we've got a lot of 'vests' (another confusing term, but I mean those legless, poppered, short-sleeved babygros) and granny-made cardis, and I wanted something to cover his bottom half without having to faff about, putting his socks back on every few minutes. No, he's not here yet (33 weeks) and yes, I am a Noob mum!

Actually, is there any reason on earth why a boy baby can't wear tights? (apart from that they look like murder to get on.) Aside from the fact that my m-i-l would probably disown me for cross-dressing her grandson...

gladbag Mon 14-Jan-08 14:05:07

I bought a few from Mothercare, usually in a sort of velour material. They always had loads of colours and sizes. Ds (now nearly 4) lived in them when he was a wee dot. I know they still have them as I bought some recently for my sister's new baby. HTH

gladbag Mon 14-Jan-08 14:08:42

Like these and these - is that what you mean? And lots of baby boys wear tights - very sensible. I just found the footed leggings easir to get on smile

bobsmum Mon 14-Jan-08 14:13:39

Green Baby usually do these.

bobsmum Mon 14-Jan-08 14:15:16

www.greenbaby.co.uk/pl_WINTER07_AW07-01_AW07-01A.htm

They have plain velour ones and some yummy stripy ones if you scroll down!!

FioFio Mon 14-Jan-08 14:16:24

Message withdrawn

Pannacotta Mon 14-Jan-08 14:18:02

I have a couple of pairs. And if you post on the Wanted board am sure you will get lots of replies!

ChirpyGirl Mon 14-Jan-08 14:21:36

I have bought loads from tesco, normally in packs of 2 for the princely sum of a fiver.
I looove them as DD1 seems to think it is her mission in life to pull DD2's socks off and hide them...

EllieKat Mon 14-Jan-08 14:27:58

D'oh! I feel a bit dumb now - my god, they are everywhere! Just goes to show, if you can't find something on ebay, doesn't mean it doesn't exist! Had checked lots of online baby clothes suppliers, including Greenbaby, so don't know how on earth I missed those! And Mothercare looks a good bet too.

Thanks, everyone, for your help! And Gladbag, thanks for encouragement - hate following these imaginary 'rules' about dressing boys/girls, despite whatever m-i-l thinks, and I will try tights too!

CanIgivethembacknow Tue 11-May-10 11:43:41

I am having the same problem am also a new mum. I am not ready to venture out to a shopping town and would like to get some plain (ie not the stripey ones from that green company) cotton baby leggings for my son on the internet. Anyone know where I can get these from?

fruitstick Tue 11-May-10 11:46:38

Sainsburys have some and Jojo Maman Bebe. My DSs lived in them as socks for babies are the things of the devil.

I also second tights for boys. This winter DS2 was in them permanently. I found some lovely 'unisex' stripey ones from baby gap which lasted for months without ever looking worn.

A summer baby might get a bit hot though.

CanIgivethembacknow Tue 11-May-10 11:58:36

thanks but I can't find them on the JoJo or Sains websites.

5inthebed Tue 11-May-10 12:02:00

I'm pretty sure you can buy boys tights. Will go have a quick Google.

5inthebed Tue 11-May-10 12:07:58

Could only ind these but I have seen them somewhere before.

CanIgivethembacknow Tue 11-May-10 12:09:58

thanks very kind of you to look for me. My little one is only 7 weeks looks like it'll be velour - is it breathable enough for them worried about him getting too hot.

mejon Tue 11-May-10 13:46:27

There are several pairs in Mothercare - both cotton and velour ones. Look in '0-12 Unisex tops & trousers' (tried to do a link but kept giving me the wrong page!) DD had a few pairs of these as a baby and some Jojo ones (though I think it may have been winter when I got the Jojo ones which is probably why I can't seen any on their website atm).

CaptainWinky Tue 11-May-10 13:50:13

Next used to do these too- at least they did 7 years ago!

CaptainWinky Tue 11-May-10 13:56:38

here are some plain oatmeal coloured ones

Koolmami Tue 28-Feb-12 14:57:37

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Sara10000 Wed 07-Mar-12 21:47:53

Sara10000 Wed 07-Mar-12 21:48:49

RasaRasa Tue 18-Nov-14 11:54:24

Hello,

if someone still looking for trousers/tights/leggings with feet, I found from merino wool Trousers with feet

sovereignmummy Wed 26-Nov-14 16:25:44

thank you for all your posts which has helped a lot. my 29 month old son takes off his socks and shoes the minute you put them on him. he attends nursery and the nursery manager told me they can't allow him walk around with no shoes or socks so to get him leggings. from where i asked?? until google led me here. thank you all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now