Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Bissell Powerwash Deep Cleaner

(2 Posts)
Mog Tue 24-Sep-02 12:29:45

Thinking of buying one of these carpet cleaners as have a cream carpet bought pre-children! Has anyone experience of one of these and do they work?

Scatterbrain Tue 24-Sep-02 14:53:41

I've got one (a pro-heat model) and it's great - I've used it so much and the water goes horribly brown EVERY time !

The carpet is dry within 1-2 hours and it looks lovely and clean (mine is cream too) - trouble is, I think it gets dirty quicker somehow once you've cleaned it - that could be my imagination though !

It's just like a heavy hoover to use and you have to go back and forth slowly quite a few times to suck all the water back in. The only complain I have is that the Bissell fluid is pretty expensive and it gets through about half a bottle per room. Still cheaper and more convenient than getting the professionals in though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: