Talk

Advanced search

Barbie? Sindy? Bratz?

(9 Posts)
dinny Tue 02-Oct-07 20:01:00

DD keeps asking for Barbies (I think that's what she means) - what is a good buy or are they all vile? am thinking house or some sort for Xmas.....

Califright Tue 02-Oct-07 20:02:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dinny Tue 02-Oct-07 20:05:50

do Sindy still exist? I used to LOVE my Sindy house

TheMaskedPosTERROR Tue 02-Oct-07 20:09:18

what about a feral cheryl ?

grin

chankins Tue 02-Oct-07 20:09:42

Let her have barbie if she likes barbie ! She'll have grown out of it next year and be onto something else. My girls both had a barbie phase and it was nice getting their xmas pressies that yr because they were well into it and I knew how excited they'd be to get it (it was barbie and the pegasus that year). Am not keen on some aspects to the Bratz, but dd1 has a few more innocent looking ones that were brought for her by relatives, and that phase is over now too. Now its pixel chix for her and polly pocket for dd2. Like you say, you used to love your sindy house so let dd love hers! (don't think sindy does exist anymore actually, but I may be wrong.)

bogmyrtle Tue 02-Oct-07 20:14:50

I used to detest Barbie but then along came Bratz.
Barbie films are not so bad - re-tellings of classic fairy tales/ballets. Dd very occasionally gets her Barbies out to play with but has watched the films again and again.
I won't have Bratz in the house. Evil bloody things they are. They are known as Pratz here, and will never darken my doorstep. grin

Tortington Tue 02-Oct-07 20:20:22

sindy has class
barbie is an american tart promoting the idea america blah de blah.. tart
Bratz are creating a culture that its acceptable for 6 year olds to wear "sexy" on tracksuit arse - the base culture.

so all in all go for sindy - she prob is american shes just not so...so....plastic hmm grin

MaryBleedinShelley Tue 02-Oct-07 20:44:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

iheartdusty Tue 02-Oct-07 23:03:07

some lovely suggestions on this thread
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/1012/392761

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now