Talk

Advanced search

**Baby Legs** are they any good?

(23 Posts)
Astrophe Sat 29-Sep-07 21:14:56

DS spends a lot of time nappy free at home and is coming on with potty training so we need something to keep him a bit warmer over winter...

CarGirl Sat 29-Sep-07 21:18:36

I love them, they are supposed to be hand wash but I do a gentle cycle with them in a netted wash bag and they've been fine. Got mine from nappyneeds they were the cheapest I could fine or off ebay if you just want one pair to try.

mawbroon Sat 29-Sep-07 21:19:36

I've been eyeing them up too for ds as his wee legs will be getting a bit cold in the ergo carrier as his trousers gape a bit, but I have ordered a kindercoat instead.

So I can't answer your question I'm afraid. shock

Astrophe Sat 29-Sep-07 21:23:08

Thanks cargirl, I will look at those sites...do you find them very slim though? DS is fairly chuby, and some of the reviews I've read say they leave red parks on chubby legs...

CarGirl Sat 29-Sep-07 21:27:28

dd is a tall and slim 2 and they tend to fall down over the hours so no not tight at all. The cuffs seem gentle and soft to me, not like they would hurt/be uncomfortabe. DD like putting them on?

LadyVictoriaOfCake Sat 29-Sep-07 21:28:51

dd3 has ooo about 6 pairs blush

they are marvelous. havent noticed any red marks on her, her legs are getting chubbier.

GreebosWhiskers Sat 29-Sep-07 21:30:00

Astrophe - if you can knit there's a good pattern here for ribbed legwarmers.

Astrophe Sat 29-Sep-07 21:30:05

ok, great, I'm sold (dosesn't take much eh? wink)

Astrophe Sat 29-Sep-07 21:32:15

greebos they are so cute. I recently knitted a tank top for DS. It took me the best part of a year, and then I sent it to another MNer to finish it off for me...so seeing as I need them this year, I think I will buy!

funnypeculiar Sat 29-Sep-07 21:36:32

WIll never, ever knit anything smile
But we LOVE babylegs (but dd does have very, very skinny little legs. Will look on nappyneeds (bigmomas have a fab range, but suspect not cheapest!)

CarGirl Sat 29-Sep-07 21:38:11

nappyneeds have a huge range and accept paypal - when I last used the website if you clicked under babylegs under shop by brand it didn't work, think they are under accessories

Feel free to let them know I recommended you - perhaps I will get a freeby pair!!

funnypeculiar Sat 29-Sep-07 21:46:16

Cargirl - just checked, & I THINK bigmamas is cheaper - £6.50 rather than £6.99 - both inc p&p)

www.bigmamaslings.co.uk/zen-cart/babylegs-p-172.html

CarGirl Sat 29-Sep-07 22:00:11

I bought 3 pairs though at 5.75 plus £1.50 postage so £6.25 each plus a fee gift - in August that was a pack of washable wipes (think I bought nappies too)

funnypeculiar Sat 29-Sep-07 22:02:33

Ah. Maybe I was looking at a rogue site smile

Jenkeywoo Sat 29-Sep-07 22:04:10

My dd has only slightly chubby legs but they did leave red marks if put on above the knees, I was under the impression that they could be used as kind of tights without the gusset bit but in fact that was not possible without cutting off dd's circulation. As baggy little below the knee leg-warmers- fine; but if you lo is quite little you might find there is just too much material to fit in the length of their lower leg. Does any of that make sense?!

Piffle Sat 29-Sep-07 22:06:26

I am pondering these for about to crawl ds2 as our carpet is fierce and his trousers fall down if he moves.... whihc get him v v frustrated
hmmmm would they be any good?

CarGirl Sat 29-Sep-07 22:07:37

No idea, dd walking and we don't have any carpets.

funnypeculiar Sat 29-Sep-07 22:09:15

dd wore them to crawl (to protect her knees - we have wooden floors) - seemed to work fine
(Should reiterate she has very , very skinny legs - but she can still wear them both over the knee & above (now 19mths)

Chirpygirl Sat 29-Sep-07 22:10:55

DD is quite skinny and has never had chubby legs and I found baby legs left red marks on her thighs.
I ended up buying some normal legwarmers from clare's and Primark and then just put a bit of ribbon around the leg bit so I could tie them up!

Flamesparrow Sat 29-Sep-07 22:14:15

Pixie knits are doing handmade ones that are gorgeous - they have frilly ankles for girls grin

Astrophe Sat 29-Sep-07 22:15:09

online flame? can you do me a link?

CarGirl Sat 29-Sep-07 22:15:58

I wonder if babylegs have changed the design?????? DD is 2 and they are absolutely fine, if anything too loose? I guess they slim out with age though?

Flamesparrow Sat 29-Sep-07 22:27:40

here They say sold out, but she does them custom made, just email her

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now