Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Phil & Teds - Second seat

(10 Posts)
Washersaurus Thu 27-Sep-07 15:45:02

How old was your DC when you started using it?

DS2 outgrowing his cocoon at 8 wks old (about 12lbs), do you think it would be OK to put him in the back seat yet or should I wait a bit longer? He can hold his head up quite well.

AnnieOleHouseElf Thu 27-Sep-07 15:49:30

I think he needs to be able to sit up first, not necessarily unaided, but maybe around 4 months? I think dd was about 4 months, she was starting to get a bit squished in the cocoon by then

Washersaurus Thu 27-Sep-07 15:55:15

OMG the cocoon wont last that much longer!!! We will miss it though as it has been so handy and DS looks so snuggly in it.

TheBlonde Thu 27-Sep-07 16:01:17

4 mths
before that I used the newborn bit without the cocoon - just put a sheepskin in

CarGirl Thu 27-Sep-07 16:01:56

do you have the sport version???? I have an original kiwi explorer where the back seat is more reclined than the E3 V1 & V2 and dd went in it from 10ish weeks as she was too long for the sling bit by then, she was a bit slumped but it was okay - didn't have a proper cocoon so perhaps that gave her more room in the underneath bit???

Washersaurus Thu 27-Sep-07 16:07:03

Yes sorry I should have said, it is the sport reclining version

CarGirl Thu 27-Sep-07 16:08:00

just recline and use a body support thing - a head hugger that supports body as well???

You can tell mine wasn't a PFB!

Washersaurus Thu 27-Sep-07 16:08:20

Hmm a sheepskin sounds perfect, but expensive!!

CarGirl Thu 27-Sep-07 16:17:55

I've got a long pile sheepskin rug that you buy if you want and cut to size - they don't fray just chop away and put harness slits in!

amazonianwoman Fri 28-Sep-07 10:41:54

From 4 mths I reclined the seat and used the headhugger from his carseat (he was too cramped with it in the carseat anyway!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now