Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Isabella Oliver wrap tops - am I being a bit thick?

(9 Posts)
Housemum Thu 27-Sep-07 13:34:56

OK, thought it would be a good idea to splash out on one mega-expensive top to be worn throughout pregnancy and to cover the jelly-belly after. Have watched the how-to-tie-it video on the website. Looks great on - until I reach up and expose not-very-attractive flesh! Has anyone actually worn one of these and found it covers without constantly being adjusted? I was in 2 minds as to whether to spend that much but it looks like it might be going straight back!

Tips from anyone who has worn one please!

bumposaurus Thu 27-Sep-07 13:37:23

I had two which I loved, but I found that gaps would appear - in the end I wore them with a long vest or camisole of the same colour underneath so that the gaps wouldn't be too obvious (but I never watched the video, so I just assumed I had tied it wrong!)

doggiesayswoof Thu 27-Sep-07 13:37:49

Hmm - bumping for you as I am also wondering about this - tempted to buy one, but I thought I might struggle with the tying bit.

A lot of the IO tops look a bit on the short side, I think.

doggiesayswoof Thu 27-Sep-07 13:38:14

Oh x-post bumposaurus!

Pennies Thu 27-Sep-07 13:42:04

I had two, a white one and a brown one and I loved them and wore them post pregancy as well. For both I wore a matching vest underneath and it was fine. I did feel a bit like an ancient egyptian mummy in the white one though!

Housemum Thu 27-Sep-07 13:51:40

doggiesawswoof - if you want to try one, the code for free delivery and returns is JPB22 until 31st Dec 2007 (from a leaflet in the Sunday Times).

They also sent a 15% off code with the order for if you order £85 or more, it's RTC33 until 30th November (but no free delivery)

Sounds like a vest is essential - shame, as I like the red one, but won't be able to buy a cheap cami in M'Care or somewhere to match!

doggiesayswoof Thu 27-Sep-07 13:55:00

Thanks for the codes housemum smile

siobhana Thu 27-Sep-07 14:01:00

I bought one of these 'wrap' tops too, unfortunately had the same problem, as soon as I moved it was gappy! Definitely to be worn with a vest. I was pregnant in summertime so this wasn't really an option. Hoping to flog it on ebay soon!

Housemum Thu 27-Sep-07 14:41:04

You should do well on eBay - I've been looking and secondhand they usually go over £35!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now