Talk

Advanced search

Nice Noah's Ark for toddler - or just nice online toyshop

(17 Posts)
margoandjerry Wed 26-Sep-07 14:16:44

I am looking for a noah's ark for my daughter's first birthday. Either something wooden or something soft but anyway something nice and interesting.

I just went to Hamleys (horrific, btw, really charmless shop - no joyous toyshop experience at all) and they only had one which was a shape sorter type. The animals were badly done so you couldn't really tell what they were and it just wasn't very interesting. I'd like one where she can actually play with the animals (she really likes all her toys and looks at their faces properly so nicely designed animals would be good).

I have looked at tridias and ELC and they have a couple but anyone know of anywhere else with interesting toys.

heifer Wed 26-Sep-07 14:31:15

I bought DD this for her christening (when she was 2.9)

[[http://www.bloomingmarvellous.co.uk/product.aspx?CategoryID=toys&ProductID=40032&language= en-GB tis fab and she plays with it most weeks, she is now 3.9]

I am hoping that it can become something which gets passed onto the next generation.

heifer Wed 26-Sep-07 14:32:01

bother..

try again and preview!

ChippyMinton Wed 26-Sep-07 14:34:18

this is lovely and you can add to it, loads of other stuff available.

margoandjerry Wed 26-Sep-07 14:36:44

That's lovely! Proper faces and everything. See I KNEW I'd get the answer on here.

Bit big for my small flat but if I get rid of the sofa, we'll be fine grin

thanks so much.

margoandjerry Wed 26-Sep-07 14:37:58

oh and I like the Argos one too. Interesting animals...

hmmmmmmm

Hulababy Wed 26-Sep-07 14:38:03

I like the Little People one, thinking of getting my little neice it for Christmas.

QueenofBleach Wed 26-Sep-07 14:39:49

Try letterbox.co.uk, they have great toys and quick delivery

wheelybug Wed 26-Sep-07 14:50:35

I love Noah Arks ...

dd has this one www.amazon.co.uk/noahs-ark-10-pairs-animals/dp/B00095KIYY/ref=sr_1_1/202-7285688-1991864?ie=UTF8&s=t oys&qid=1190814439&sr=8-1

and also a plastic one which came from Asda for about £7 but it is brilliant. I really recommend it.

I have just bought this one for a christening present for a baby www.thewhitecompany.com/department2.aspx?DepGrpCode=&DepCode=NAUY

and finally, we have bought this one before and its lovely too www.bloomingmarvellous.co.uk/product.aspx?CategoryID=Nursery&ProductID=7839&language=en-GB

margoandjerry Wed 26-Sep-07 21:10:29

wheelybug, those are all really nice too. Any idea why the one your dd has is supposed to be for 3 years upwards? It doesn't look as though any of the bits are particularly small. Grateful for any feedback on that.

thanks.

Marne Wed 26-Sep-07 21:14:43

DD has the little people ark and plays with it evry day.

Wheely bugs are lovely.

Marne Wed 26-Sep-07 21:15:52

I think the small wheely bugs are ok for 18months +, they do look small.

wheelybug Wed 26-Sep-07 21:19:09

M&J - I guess the animals are fairly small but they're not taht small. DD had it for her first christmas so she was 11 months old at the time. Having said that, it was more of a decoration until she was about 2 and now she plays with it as well as it being a decoration IYSWIM. I think its absolutely fine for little ones tbh (but don't quote me on that. If you want me to measure the smallest piece I am happy to do so.

TheDuchess Wed 26-Sep-07 21:20:30

My 11 mo DS has

this one

it really is his favourite toy. He carries the little animals everywhere.

wheelybug Wed 26-Sep-07 21:22:44

BTW - this is the asda one dd has got too - its really worth getting as one to really play with

cgi.ebay.co.uk/FISHER-PRICE-LITTLE-PEOPLE-NOAHS-ARK-LOTS-ANIMALS_W0QQitemZ160159996053QQihZ006QQcate goryZ374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Even though it says fisher price it has a question mark after it and its defo the same as the one dd had from Asda and it was only £7 or £8.

margoandjerry Wed 26-Sep-07 21:28:57

oh fab, thanks for all the info everyone.

Will now spend the next few days browsing and choosing. Want them all..

JodieG1 Wed 26-Sep-07 21:31:32

www.mulberrybush.co.uk/toy-store/detail-noah's-ark.aspx that is lovely but 3+, the other wooden toys on that site are fantastic though. I was recommended it from someone on here on a thread I started.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now