Talk

Advanced search

Phil & Teds Pannier Bags - any good? I need somewhere to put the raincover

(21 Posts)
TheBlonde Wed 26-Sep-07 11:25:12

My toddler is now occupying the back seat of the P&T so the shopping basket is occupied by his feet

Have you got the Panniers?
Are they worth getting?

If not where do you put the raincover?

kitsandbits Wed 26-Sep-07 11:30:46

I have one i was given a few months ago - but dont have a P&T anymore

its charcoal, used and i think theres a bit of a tear in it - butb not terrible and fine for popping the raincover in,

you can have it for £8 delivered?

TheBlonde Wed 26-Sep-07 11:35:34

Thanks but I'd need black

Washersaurus Wed 26-Sep-07 12:07:01

I have panniers on my P&T but wouldn't attempt to squeeze the raincover into one of them (damn raincover is so bulky), I usually just leave mine on the buggy sort of folded up into the hood bit. Its not ideal but I can rarely get to my basket as we have ours in baby/toddler mode at the moment.

I got my black panniers brand new from a shop on ebay for about £27 - it was the only place I could find the black ones.

Bear Wed 26-Sep-07 12:08:36

used to keep our raincover in one of ours - fitted perfectly - and 3 or 4 bottles of wine in the other

Scootergrrrl Wed 26-Sep-07 12:09:12

My friend had a string bag made for hers which fitted on to the back of the bottom seat and it was brilliant! I improvised one with one of those string bags for hanging off buggies and attached it with shower curtains rings which also worked perfectly well (although looked a bit odd!)

TheBlonde Wed 26-Sep-07 17:58:32

String bag idea sounds good
I have one knocking around somewhere

amazonianwoman Wed 26-Sep-07 21:43:48

I have a black P&T pannier I'm not using, if the string bag doesn't work smile

CarGirl Wed 26-Sep-07 21:45:44

kitsandbits I'd be interested in the pannier if you still have it????

mustrunmore Wed 26-Sep-07 21:49:17

I used to keep mine in the botom bit, kind of pushed a bit more to the front. Ds1 used to sit in the back seat with his feet surrounded by raincover and shopping!
We only ever used one of the panniers, as it made the buggy so much wider for getting on the bus etc, But you can get alot of stuff into one!

lovecamping Wed 26-Sep-07 21:50:34

i've got them and they are great! we used them for a trip to london zoo and they held EVERYTHING - raincover and waterproofs, 2xjumpers, 3x change of clothes, lunch, nappy changing stuff, wallets (zipped pockets at the top of each bag), tissues etc. i found they also stopped the buggy falling over backwards when baby is behind and toddler is walking.

NappiesGalore Wed 26-Sep-07 21:54:21

eons ago, when i had a p&t, i was kind of baffled by the panniers... as they made he pushchair so wide, it waslike pushing a side-by-side about (doorways etc)

which rather negated the point of a p&t, i thought...

CarGirl Wed 26-Sep-07 22:23:32

I've got an original P&T the ozzy/kiwi explorer best thing about it is that it's designed to carry a back pack on the foot rest! Again helps with the not tipping up and somewhere to store the raincover, also on the first Kiwi I had there was like a sling bit for the feet so you could still use the shopping basket!

Washersaurus Thu 27-Sep-07 13:04:58

The panniers do significantly increase the width of the buggy. I use one of mine as a change bag and partly push the other one into the shopping basket so it is out of the way when not in use to reduce the buggy's width - but so I always have it handy when I do some shopping.

I'm not sure I could cope with 2 filled panniers being on the buggy all the time as they do make it feel a bit like pushing a tank around town.

pinkyminky Mon 01-Oct-07 20:20:43

pannier bags really handy. I get a weeks groceries in mine. Don't really make the pram any wider as they attach at the narrower part of the pram towards the front.

TheBlonde Mon 01-Oct-07 21:01:01

Okay I have improvised a string bag on the back of the rear seat and I will report back

pinkyminky Mon 01-Oct-07 21:09:24

I got a buggy buddy off ebay the other day- it's a big carabena with a foam bit on it, it was only cheap and it's the best bag clip I've ever had- you don't loose it.

TheBlonde Mon 01-Oct-07 21:17:03

waht is a carabena?

pinkyminky Mon 01-Oct-07 21:35:17

I'm not sure of the spelling. One of those metal clips used for rock climbing. think it's actually spelt karibina

TheBlonde Tue 02-Oct-07 10:02:43

ah I get what you mean now

string bag was useless, got in the way of my feet

Think I will order a pannier later

amazonianwoman Tue 02-Oct-07 12:35:53

Do you want to buy my black one??

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: