Talk

Advanced search

Would I be very foolish if I bought a cream sofa for the tv room?

(14 Posts)
MrsFogi Mon 24-Sep-07 12:26:23

Dh thinks it would get dirty very quickly which my rational side agrees with but I still like the idea of a cream sofa. Other choices are blue, terracotta or a brick red -any views (no problem with clashing colours as there are no curtains in the room yet and the walls are painted white. Btw it will be a fabric sofa.

MamaGisOutOfTheCloset Mon 24-Sep-07 12:28:09

Will the children spen da lot of time in there?

IO had a cream fabric sofa with washable covers and it was a PITA tbh

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Twiglett Mon 24-Sep-07 12:28:36

cream fabric sofa

and the question was would you be foolish?

grin mwahahahahahahaahahahaahah

mishymoo Mon 24-Sep-07 12:28:56

I definitely wouldn't buy cream if you've got kids. Even without kids, it will get dirty very quickly and you will spend your life trying to keep it clean and then eventually give up and it will look awful. Sorry.

I like the sound of the brick red one though.

allgonebellyup Mon 24-Sep-07 12:30:08

i have 2 cream sofas with washable covers, and they are fine. dont have to wash them that often, say every 2 months.
they were stain-proofed though, and chenille type fabric is more hardy than plain cotton.

Cammelia Mon 24-Sep-07 12:30:12

I'm with themmj here

.....Which is why I have a dark chocolate leather sofa

Hassled Mon 24-Sep-07 12:30:41

You would be insane. You would spend every waking moment either fretting about imminent dirt or working out how to clean existing dirt. It will dominate your life. This is from the woman who decided on a cream carpet.

MrsFogi Mon 24-Sep-07 12:31:13

Yes, themildmanneredjanitor I have a dd aged 21 mths and another dd about to arrive although I'm not averse to introducing a rule about no children on the cream sofa and making them watch tv crossed legged whilst sitting on the hard wooden floor winkbut that won't get rid of the problem of me dropping chocolate biscuits on it whenever I watch tv grin.

EmsMum Mon 24-Sep-07 12:31:17

Unless it has removable, washable covers, don't do it. Not unless its in a room where No food/drink/drawing implements allowed and no children unless inspected for cleanliness! And obviously no animals.

How about one of the colours with cream throw/cushions?

haggisaggis Mon 24-Sep-07 12:32:49

We had cream coloured sofas with 2 kids and a large dog! They did get grubby but had washable covers. Lasted 6 years after ds was born, so yes - it can be done!

jellybellie Mon 24-Sep-07 12:33:05

YOu would be mad!

We used to have a cream sofa before we had kids and we got rid of it because of how grubby it used to get with only 2 adults in the house let alone children too. You wouldn't believe how many clothes leave dye behind on light coloured fabrics...

SpacePuppy Mon 24-Sep-07 12:33:37

BAD IDEA, had mine 40 minutes and the first chocolate fingers landed on it. So I've just spend £15 on enough denim fabric to make a cover until ds is older.

jellybellie Mon 24-Sep-07 12:34:40

just to add a thought that I missed off my last post - life is too short to worry about washing the covers on a sofa and trust me you will worry about it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now