Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Right Virgin Media have had the brass neck to introduce a 25p a minute charge for their broadband helpline

(13 Posts)
LittleBella Thu 20-Sep-07 22:10:35

with a 10p connection charge.

So my question is, what's the cheapest broadband deal around at the moment? That doesn't require a small fortune to put it right if it goes wrong?

Any recommendations?

PeachesMcLean Thu 20-Sep-07 22:21:59

Don't know who has the best support service sorry, but just wanted to chip in that it's appalling that they charge for support to use their own services. These hidden charges are wrong.

Jas Thu 20-Sep-07 22:24:32

I had to phone them last week, and as it was a fault they couldn't fix over the phone, they said they would refund the cost of the phone call.

LittleBella Thu 20-Sep-07 22:24:44

I'm so annoyed by it, I just want to leave them.

Last year they lost a whole load of customers because of the debacle with Sky, not me because I'm not interested in Sky channels anyway. But they're obviously trying to claw back the money by charging to use the helpline. Outrageous.

TheQueenOfQuotes Thu 20-Sep-07 22:25:41

[confused] - I presume then you were with NTL/telewest before? And they had a riduclous charge for their broadband helpline too.....much more than 25p IIRC.

LittleBella Thu 20-Sep-07 22:26:35

No, broadband helpline was free.

I think dial-up helpline had mad charge though, that does ring a bell.

TheQueenOfQuotes Thu 20-Sep-07 22:27:57

are you sure? we've only had broadband with them (for years now) and I'm sure I remember DH throwing a paddy as he had to call the helpline and it cost him a small fortune - or maybe I'm just having a blond moment...

LittleBella Thu 20-Sep-07 22:29:38

I think you must be! grin

Unless you had some kind of different deal or something

My deal is very cheap, about £18 a month for phone, TV and broadband. But I'm annoyed by this helpline charge, it just irritates me.

TheQueenOfQuotes Thu 20-Sep-07 22:31:39

did you realise though that the charge has been in place since 1st July???

LittleBella Thu 20-Sep-07 22:33:51

Yes I got annoyed about it then as well!

But didn't have to use it so didn't bother to review my account.

Now I want to call it, I'm thinking I should find out if there are better suppliers out there

TheQueenOfQuotes Thu 20-Sep-07 22:36:38

while you're looking for a new provide have you had a look at this page??

Sidge Fri 21-Sep-07 15:39:20

I had to phone Virgin as I had a modem problem - told them I resented paying them 20p a minute or whatever it is.

The chap I spoke to said if the fault cannot be rectified over the phone, or is a problem with the modem/cable line they refund the cost of the call. The charges are to prevent people making time-wasting and abusive calls. He said they get a lot of racist calls as they are located in India sad

LittleBella Fri 21-Sep-07 18:18:53

So... no recommendations as to an alternative?

Must I put up with them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now