loader

Talk

Advanced search

just got fisher price swing and it is

(14 Posts)
bumbly Thu 20-Sep-07 22:00:40

utterly crap!!

cant believe they get away with it

setting number one is so high and violent I dare to think what 5 is!!!

anyone else experience the same? -

LO screamed whne it started and I was so shocked to see how crap it is - i thought it would be a gentle rocking motion - not a fairground attraction rollercoaster ride

I would scream too - bloody dangerous if you ask me

are there any swings with softer movoments out there?

feel really conned of my money!

sad

was so looking forward to trying to sooth Lo in it...

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Thu 20-Sep-07 22:02:33

is that the aqaurium one? I have been eyeing that up for my new baby ..

bumbly Thu 20-Sep-07 22:04:46

no i wanted that one but couldnt find it online so got rainforest one - but i bet the settings are same...or maybe mine is faulty...

swing is pretty much a full half circle on lowest setting...not a soft gentle rocking motion i expected

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Thu 20-Sep-07 22:08:25

going to get a shop demo before i buy me thinks

bumbly Fri 21-Sep-07 08:58:26

great idea and so you can see for your yourself...unfort i ma stuck at home with baby so cant go

anyone out there know of a GENTLE swing????

flowerybeanbag Fri 21-Sep-07 09:20:30

bumbly have you tried a vibrating bouncy chair?

DS has one from babiesrus, can't find it now, maybe they don't do the exact one, but it has 2 vibration setting, one soft and one a bit stronger, and has music and soothing bird noises as well.

tasja Fri 21-Sep-07 09:25:48

fisher price aquarium cradle swing was a godsend for me. DD loved it. can be very gentle and it can go faster if you want it to. has lovely sounds, a light and a mobile.

tasja Fri 21-Sep-07 09:27:09

and it can go side to side or back and forward

trace2 Fri 21-Sep-07 09:28:57

hi i got linadoos one magical mobile swing and i to feel i wasted my money, its way to fast for dd on 1

tasja Fri 21-Sep-07 09:29:08

£47.39 at Argos now. I payed £97

sallysparkle Fri 21-Sep-07 09:29:51

I actually thought ours had a fault because like you say the 1st setting is so fast! I feel conned too. We borrowed one when dd was a baby and it was really gentle- she used to sleep for hours in it.

trace2 Fri 21-Sep-07 09:30:19

i payed £70 for mine

theslownorris Fri 21-Sep-07 09:38:55

I got the Fisher Price Aquarium take along swing for dd4 and the lowest setting is quite gentle (but she's a speed freak and liked the highest setting!). She's outgrown it now and I was thinking of putting it on ebay......wink.

bumbly Fri 21-Sep-07 10:20:30

wow glad others too think first setting is high -

sally which was the gentle swing you borrowed? another fisher price one? does thaty mean they vary a lot?

tasja - how high is first setting on the acquarium one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now