Talk

Advanced search

chemistry sets

(4 Posts)
mummypig Thu 20-Sep-07 00:17:34

I'm looking for an off-the-shelf commercially available one for my niece's 8th birthday, rather than making my own grin.

I have seen the "University of Cambridge" branded one online here. It doesn't have much info about which chemicals/experiments are included but looks fairly like one that I played with at a similar age, or perhaps a little better. Has anyone used this one and can comment on how good it is?

Does anyone have any favourites?

Ta

mummypig Tue 02-Oct-07 14:01:50

I'm bumping this because surely with all the scientists and ex-scientists on this site someone must have a child with a chemistry set?

BettyBatShapedSpaghetti Tue 02-Oct-07 14:12:20

Might not be exactly what you are looking for but my DD (7) had a coiuple of Wild Science kits.

She had the Slime one and the Bath Bomb one (not done this one yet). She enjoyed the slime -they give you the stuff to mix and make it and a booklet of experiments to do with it.

Trouble is I suppose is that each kit is limited whereas a general chemistry one would give a wider variety.

mummypig Thu 04-Oct-07 00:04:17

thanks betty for the response. I've seen those and even bought my niece a couple before, but I am definitely looking for a proper chemistry kit with lots of possible experiments. My son has done the slime one too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now