Talk

Advanced search

DS1 moving in to big single bed...what kind of mattress protector?

(8 Posts)
robin3 Tue 18-Sep-07 14:03:35

Moving DS1 out of his cotbed bed at 3.5 yrs old. He's still in a nappy at night and so we have yet to face the inevitable accidents in the night.

What can I do to protect the mattress? Can you get big versions of the zip top protectors mothercare make for cots? Sleeping on plastic sheets is horrible even if they're well covered...hotels often do that.

Any suggestions?

PrettyCandles Tue 18-Sep-07 14:04:28

John Lewis do a breathable wipe-clean fitted mattress protector. It works!

mishymoo Tue 18-Sep-07 14:07:15

Dunelm do a breathable 'fleecy type' waterproof mattress protector for all beds. We bought one for our DS's bed and it was only £7.99

Nemo2007 Tue 18-Sep-07 14:12:54

I have a mattress protecetor thats still in the pack looks like a quilt. Dont know if your interested

thehairybabysmum Tue 18-Sep-07 14:13:43

i got a waterproof one from dunelm that is terry toweling on the top side...doesnt feel plasticy and also less than £10

Nemo2007 Tue 18-Sep-07 14:15:36

www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/BruHome/BruBathingChanging/BruBathingChangingPottyToiletTrain/378984? ref=Search think its this one but girls are asleep at the min.
I actually have 2 but never used anything like that with ds.

PrettyCandles Tue 18-Sep-07 14:20:05

Get a wipe-clean one. IME the towelling sort and the quilted sort often aren't adequately waterproof, and , even if they are, they get wet too and you end up having to change the protector as well as the sheet in the middle of the night.

robin3 Tue 18-Sep-07 15:06:40

Thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now