Talk

Advanced search

Crate & Barrel = ??? Habitat maybe?

(7 Posts)
yajorome Tue 18-Sep-07 09:22:29

I need to buy some not too expensive new rugs, floor lamps, boring stuff like that and was looking for a Crate & Barrel-esque store in London. What's the nearest thing? Is it Habitat? Their stuff looks nice, especially some of the rugs - is it? Is there anywhere online or mail order?

I just want it to last a few years, so don't need ultra high quality or style!

LIZS Tue 18-Sep-07 09:25:36

Cargo Homestore, Debenhams casual living range was originally based on C and B but has changed a bit over the years

theprecious Tue 18-Sep-07 11:41:56

ooooo i love C&B in the US.... try ikea, they have some really nice rugs and things, you just have to search them out.

Wilbur Tue 18-Sep-07 11:52:09

I was going to say Debenhams too - a bit like it. Habitat is a bit more £££ but good design and quality, Ikea less quality, but they often have some really stunning things at fab prices. Although nothing is as wonderful as Crate and Barrel - love that shop. I did all my Xmas shopping there one year in about 20 mins flat, so much fun stuff. Sorry, that's not v helpful is it?

yajorome Tue 18-Sep-07 21:32:42

Ooh, I'll definitely try Debenhams then, I hadn't even thought of that - thanks! I have a thing against Ikea. Think it's in part because it's such a horrid shopping experience and I've found that their stuff falls apart sooner than I expect it to. Or maybe we're just really hard on furnishings (could easily be that!)

LIZS Wed 19-Sep-07 18:53:58

oh and if you're quick the Daily Mail (!) are printing 20% off Debenhams tokens this week.

Pannacotta Wed 19-Sep-07 19:03:52

Habitat, John Lewis and Debenhams all good IMO, JL and Debs you can buy on line too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now