Talk

Advanced search

Pushchair for newborn and toddler?

(8 Posts)
susiemj Mon 17-Sep-07 23:45:37

Is the Phil and Ted buggy the only buggy where you can add a bit on for a new baby? I haven't seen any others. Are there any other solutions to this problem?

susiemj Mon 17-Sep-07 23:53:07

Sorry. I should have been clearer. I'm pregnant with my first at the moment but we plan to have a second very soon after the first so am wondering what is the most practical thing to do with this plan in mind!

AgathaRose Tue 18-Sep-07 12:03:45

Hi Susiemj, the thread titled DOUBLE BUGGIES -REAR FACING? for lots of pointers about double buggies. The iCandy Pear is one where you can add on later and you could also look at this: www.abcbuggy.co.nz which is a single buggy with an attachable toddler seat. (haven't tried either myself though.)

I'm told it used to be possible to buy a connecter which allowed you two link two single buggies together, but apparently it didn't meet British safety standards. -I've heard you can still get them in Europe though.

susiemj Tue 18-Sep-07 15:03:37

Ooo! Thanks. I'll have a look.

susiemj Tue 25-Sep-07 13:10:14

Hi again. I've looked at these. Still haven't really found a good solution (can't really find a nearby dealer for the Icandy - I'm housebound so...)

At first I couldn't believe no one had found a solution to this problem. It must happen all the time. Then I realised that what most people do is buy a single pram then put it in the shed and buy a double. The companies don't really focus on the problem because they make more money that way. Grrrr... (if I'm right!) Seems like such a waste.

Dn't think I like the fact the baby doesn't seem much in the Phil and Ted's. Any opinions?

All the opinions on the buggypod seem to be negative.Is this still the case?

AnnieOleHouseElf Tue 25-Sep-07 13:15:06

Susie, I have a Phil and Ted's and it's brilliant, the baby is really cosy in the cocoon, and toddler is very happy in it too. Now they are a bit bigger, it still works great, honestly.
Plus, if you weren't happy with it, they sell second hand on eBay and you more or less get your money back.

And when you go shopping and one wants to walk, there's load of room for your shopping!

Good luck

susiemj Tue 25-Sep-07 14:26:57

Nice to hear good things about the Phil and Ted, AnnieElf. Do you have the carry cot bit too? If you do, can a newborn have an afternoon sleep in it off the pram (ie to use it like a moses basket)?

p.s. what colour do you have?!

AnnieOleHouseElf Tue 25-Sep-07 14:34:07

Hi Susie, yes we have the cocoon (that's what they call it!) and the baby can snooze away in the pram, you can lift it out, and baby stays asleep so you can carry it to whichever room you are in. It's probably not as sturdy as a moses basket, but I did have her sleeping in it a lot in the first few months, on a table, on a sofa, in the garden.
Very handy, specially when visiting other people. Probably not suitable for all night sleep though (if you are that lucky!)

IT's RED!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now