Talk

Advanced search

Condenser dryer help (long shot, I know)...but would anyone know why the full tank light won't reset itself??

(9 Posts)
laloop Sun 16-Sep-07 20:03:43

Have emptied the water tank and replaced it. Light indicating full water tank won't reset itself therefore blardy machine won't work. Anyone know how to fix it (before I go give it a kick!grin). It's a Tricity Bendix model. Thanks.

SecondhandRose Sun 16-Sep-07 20:17:21

HAve you pushed it in far enough? Basic I know.

laloop Sun 16-Sep-07 20:27:45

smile Had checked drawer pushed back in already but still not working! Think the model must be prone to this fault, googled it and a few mentions of same problem but can't find any solutions posted.

SlightlyMadSweden Sun 16-Sep-07 20:29:27

Can you reach and feel the sensor thing that recognises it being full? Can you push it a few times manually?

<We have a coffee machine at work that we have to do this to when it says the bin is full>

ElenyaTuesday Sun 16-Sep-07 20:31:27

Mine does this but I find it I turn it off at the socket and wait about 10 minutes then turn it on again it's fixed. HTH.

laloop Sun 16-Sep-07 20:58:32

Thanks for replies. Tried the sensor thing, unfortunately no joy. Will keep it switched off for a while now and see what happens.

kidsrus Sun 16-Sep-07 21:09:26

i had a condensor which had a reset button on the back check yours hasn't too.
Also don't forget to clean the condensing filter or it won't work too.

laloop Sun 16-Sep-07 21:34:26

Have cleaned the condenser filter and left machine switched off for a while and...it is working again!!!! Thanks for all your replies, prevented a panic call to an engineer in the morning.

smile

kidsrus Sun 16-Sep-07 21:54:19

oh great stufffffffff
(sorry keys sticking)
bit embarrassing when engineer says its only the cut off mechanism and charges you £50 ffffffor the experience!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now