Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

which leappad for a 3 yr old birthday?

(7 Posts)
imtheirmum Sun 16-Sep-07 18:32:38

I'm a bit confused about the various leappad products. What would you recommend for a 3 year old birthday - am I right in thinking there are 3 I could choose from My first Leappad, Leappad, and Leappad plus writing?
I was worried the My First Leappad would be outgrown too quickly, but would there be suitable books for a 3 year old on the regular leappad?
Your experiences and suggestions very welcome!
And do you think they'd be ok to buy second hand or do they get unreliable?

NAB3 Sun 16-Sep-07 18:47:08

We have a Leappad and a plus writing. Our DD got the plus writing when she was 3. It was fine for her as she loves writing. I have to say though I wouldn't buy them again.

kindersurprise Sun 16-Sep-07 19:22:09

Our DS got a my first leappad for his Christimas last year (he was 2.5) and his sister got the leappad plus writing (she was 4.5)

Tbh, they have not really played with them that much. DS would rather play with DDs. Must dig them out again and see if they are more interested now.

horsemadgal Sun 16-Sep-07 23:30:01

My DS will be 4 in December. He has the My First Leappad and he loves it.
It's only £11.74 in Costco at the moment.

Gingerbear Sun 16-Sep-07 23:38:42

Agree that My First Leappad will be outgrown quickly.
DD has had Leappad plus writing since she was 3 and loves it - Finding Nemo bok is particularly suitable for a 3 yr old.

Gingerbear Sun 16-Sep-07 23:39:23

If you have a TK Maxx near you, they often have Leappad stuff in vv cheap.

kindersurprise Mon 17-Sep-07 13:42:20

My Mum got the leappads in Woolworth last year, they were a real bargain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now