Talk

Advanced search

The White Company - is it worth it??!

(7 Posts)
loveverona Thu 13-Sep-07 11:22:16

Dilemna of the day is, do I fork out on the most GORGEOUS, COSY, FABULOUS, FUNKY inuit White Company slippers (£30), or do I simply stick to M&S, out of habit more than anything...?! I've heard that TWC slippers last longer than others...hmmmm, [sceptical].....do love their candles though and they are worth the extra dosh....

loveverona Thu 13-Sep-07 11:22:58

sorry, should point out that I am a slipper addict!

NappiesGalore Thu 13-Sep-07 11:24:49

pmsl

have never heard of slipper addiction.

weigh it up. how much are m&s ones? do you already have ones like that? are they as nice lookin as WC ones?

then buy em anyway

loveverona Thu 13-Sep-07 11:28:38

pmsl, now there's a girl after my own heart!

Thing is I do love nice 'things' and like to treat myself, but I get a flash of guilt when you can buy similar elsewhere for cheaper.

Oho bugger, it's only money!

MrsMarvel Thu 13-Sep-07 11:35:04

I think the white company is a load of old marketing and very little else BUT

My philosophy is that if you use it every day, pay what you can afford. So I have a nice bin, nice plates & cups, nice slippers as well. On top of that, slippers are constantly in your vision so there's no point having ugly ones.

NappiesGalore Thu 13-Sep-07 11:37:48

MrsM, what a beautifully rational way of saying 'go for it'

loveverona Thu 13-Sep-07 11:46:45

That's it, I've made my mind up. And I've got 10% off so that always makes you feel a little less guilty. Thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now