Talk

Advanced search

Remote control car for a 4 year old any suggestions as to which one?

(9 Posts)
robin3 Wed 12-Sep-07 13:09:36

He's pretty careful with his toys but which one....simple Roary the Racing Car type or are there better ones?

TheQueenOfQuotes Wed 12-Sep-07 13:14:00

IME I'd at 4yrs old if he's careful with his toys going for one of the better quality ones, although tye're a bit more expensive most have "extra" functions on the controls - which while he may not use now he will be able to "grow into" as he gets older.

We had numerous cheap/simply remote control cars for DS1 but most either broke easily, or he "outgrew" them quite quickly.

robin3 Wed 12-Sep-07 14:28:10

That's what I suspected...what sort of makes then?

MrsBoo Wed 12-Sep-07 14:38:41

the best one which we had when DS was younger (and it's still going strong and looks like new 3 or 4 years later) is made by TOMY. The one we have looks a bit like an F1 racing car - and then there is a handheld/steering wheel type thing. There is buttons, and you can also actually steer it by turning your hands. You can turn the sound on or off for realistic F1 sounds.

I think they also make one that looks like a convertible sports car.
The price was about £25 I think - but it's the only one which has lasted, and we have bought many others - not sure if they are still making them though. Size was about 30cm long for the car

RubberDuck Wed 12-Sep-07 14:43:09

Tesco have got some nice super cheapy remote control cars in at the moment (about £6 ish from memory?) which are basic (front/back, left/right) and 4 different frequencies (good for siblings wanting a car too!).

Obv not a long term toy, but remote control cars can be fragile (lost count of how many controllers aerials have got snapped and my dses are careful with their toys too!) so probably not worth spending a huge amount anyway.

ptangyangkipperbang Wed 12-Sep-07 14:49:14

Disney store do good remote control cars. We had a 'herbie' one which was good. Oh, and an Incredibles one too. Bet they do a 'cars' one.

robin3 Wed 12-Sep-07 16:23:39

Thanks everyone...

horsemadgal Wed 12-Sep-07 21:59:27

Lidl were doing one from last Thursday for £5. Worth a look to see if any left.
They are fab and my 3 year old loves it.

ChasingSquirrels Wed 12-Sep-07 22:03:34

ds got a tesco one for his 4th last year, pretty basic (forward/back, left/right) and kind of a monster truck one. I think they were £9.99. One of his friends had one and both are still going strong a year later. He had one for xmas 9 mo earlier and that died a premature death when he drove it off the top of a ramp at the skate park, not down the ramp - just off the back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now