Talk

Advanced search

Dyson

(13 Posts)
LilRedWG Tue 11-Sep-07 11:23:33

I rarely rave about customer service from any company, but I feel the need to with Dyson.

Our geriatric DC04 (about seven years old) has been over-heating, cutting out and generally dying on me lately. I called the helpline to see if there was anything that could be done or if they could recommend a new model and they suggested a service for £55. Now, I'll admit, I wanted to put the poor thing in the bin and buy a new one but DH convinced me and today old faithful was serviced. Basically, I have a new vacuum in an old case. The chappy arrived and replaced the motor, the clutch, the brushes and brush mechanism, the filter, the hose and the power cable - all for £55 (including one year warranty on work) and all within 40 minutes!

Am very impressed by the level of service offered for a very reasonable cost.

whomovedmychocolate Tue 11-Sep-07 22:01:05

They are fab aren't they - we are on our fourth hose because DD keeps eating them (don't ask) and they never charge us, just send one out in the mail without even laughing!

LilRedWG Wed 12-Sep-07 08:16:20

Wow - I'll have to remember that!

fortunecookie Wed 12-Sep-07 08:21:35

The initial cost is staggering but well worth it - ours is still going strong after 5 years. I'd love a new one - fed up with the purple & lime-green colour combo.

Only problem is emptying them. Very messy job.

MaureenMLove Wed 12-Sep-07 08:24:00

Thats handy to know. Certainly cheaper than buying a new one. Thanks for that! smile

NDPWantsANewCamera Wed 12-Sep-07 08:29:06

Emptying my upright Dyson is a piece of cake. No mess involved.

wheelybug Wed 12-Sep-07 08:30:01

I love our dyson (as much as one can love a vacuum cleaner that is !) although that wasn't always teh case.

It stopped sucking properly after about a year and we shoved it in the cupboard cursing it and bought a cheaper hoover. That then broke down and thankfully we hadn't thrown out the dyson. My Mum took up the cause and decided she was goinbg to call dyson and get it sorted. She took it home with her and rang a couple of days later to say they she'd washed the filter and it was as good as new blush blush blush.

Now I regularly clean the filter (well when it stops sucking) and it works really well.

LilRedWG Wed 12-Sep-07 08:31:43

My vacuum really is as good as new Maureen - well worth the £5!

LilRedWG Wed 12-Sep-07 08:31:59

But it's still a horrible purple colour

whomovedmychocolate Wed 12-Sep-07 09:01:32

I paid extra for the tasteful grey version blush

LilRedWG Wed 12-Sep-07 09:02:55

Well, mine is grey with purple bits. I'll see if I can find a pic online.

LilRedWG Wed 12-Sep-07 09:03:53

The one on the far left.

Bubbaloo Wed 12-Sep-07 19:05:36

We still have the original DC01blush which is still going strong and I find their customer service is excellent.Have only ever called them out once in 10 years,but have phoned them on numerous occassions when it hasn't been working and I've managed to fix it over the phonegrin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now