(13 Posts)
brimfull Tue 11-Sep-07 07:53:55

is Operation too dull?

Hungry Hippos?

Any good suggestions.

Vinegar Tue 11-Sep-07 09:44:06

We have "Pop to the shops", which is good fun and not too long to play -

www.orchardtoys.com/advanced_search_result.php?criteria=pop+to+the+shops

The other Orchard games look good and we are planning on getting some more.

nailpolish Tue 11-Sep-07 09:44:58

operation is not what it was
junior monopoly is fab as is Frenzy

Hulababy Tue 11-Sep-07 09:46:07

DD is 5 and she likes Monopoly Junior and Cludeo Junior. Balloon Lagoon by Cranium is good too.

Hungry Hoppos is noisy!

Not a board game but fun for this age - Hullabaloo.

LIZS Tue 11-Sep-07 09:53:30

We have lots of Orchard ones - Pop to the Shops, What's Rubbish and Tummy Ache are fun. There are pirate and traffic games too. Twister, Guess Who, traditional ludo, draughts or chess.

HappyMummyOfOne Tue 11-Sep-07 14:57:07

We have most of the Orchard range, the games are fun as well as being educational.

We also love Kerplunk and frustration. Hungry hippos is fun but very loud and for some reason never seems to go back in the box right.

I used to love Guess Who so will get that one for DS when hes a bit older.

Have a look on Amazon, they do a great selection and you can see reviews from people on most products.

Hulababy Tue 11-Sep-07 14:58:19

Oh forgot Guess Who. DD also likes to play Guess Who.

bagpuss Tue 11-Sep-07 16:03:24

If they can read then Junior Scrabble is good.

Marina Tue 11-Sep-07 16:05:10

Walk the Plank, from Orchard, is good too

ju Tue 11-Sep-07 16:07:10

DS2 age 5 is mad on Ludo - very old-fashioned I know, this is a lovely wooden set from poncey shop (bought by posh friends I might add)

brimfull Wed 12-Sep-07 11:35:17

thanks for your replies,I have been put of hungry hippos now,he had two really noisy toys given to him yesterday.

Have got the Tell the Time orchard game.

thanks

seeker Wed 12-Sep-07 11:41:02

Another factor is how many times you can play it without gnawing your own leg off with boredom!
We like Guess Who? But our absolute favourite in Uno. Brilliant for mixed age playing, and grown ups like it too.
There's an ELC game called Yo Ho Ho that's fun. Yes! No! is good, and an old one called Race to the Roof, if you can find it is brilliant.

Robodoc is good (it's like Operation) but quite difficult and frustrating for a 5 year old, I think.

KTeePee Wed 12-Sep-07 13:03:49

My ds (6) loves one called "Whatever Next" . It's quite an active game with miming, etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now