Talk

Advanced search

I wil never buy from Hotpoint again

(7 Posts)
quint Mon 10-Sep-07 09:33:44

Just need to rant really.

Bought a fridge freezer last year so its still under warranty. It started going wrong down last week but the earliest they could get anyone out was 17th Sept. Iasked for them to call me if an earlier appointment became avaiable and they said yes. DH then called on Saturday and they told him that if an earlier appoinment became avaible someone would call (so wasn;t that already in place). anyway this morning it completely gave up and I called them again and they can now get someone to come this Thurs (well why hadn;t anyone called me?), however if he doesn;t have the right parts they will need to be ordered and there is no guarentee how long that will take, however they will not loan us one in the mean time or pay for us to rent one.

I will never buy anything from hotpoint ever again!

Rant over, if you got this far thanks!

Tortington Mon 10-Sep-07 09:36:29

you should ask for a copy of their formal complaints policy.

and write to waftchdog at the BBC. But do phone the public relations dept of Hotpoint first to tell them that you are about to tell the BBC and local press.

quint Mon 10-Sep-07 09:44:24

Ooh good idea - you've done this before grin

LIZS Mon 10-Sep-07 09:47:29

Who did you buy from, your contract is with them . Call and reject the goods as of unsatisfactory quality (the Consumer Direct site will give you the legal wording). If you accept the repair now and it goes wrong again you may not then be entitled to a new one.

quint Mon 10-Sep-07 10:11:55

Thanks all

I've just spoken to consumer direct - very helpful. They've advsied talking to Dixons (I tried them earlier and they fobbed me off to Hotpoint - will try them again in a minute) am now on hold with the finacne company.

CD were very helpful

quint Mon 10-Sep-07 10:12:50

I've jsut got off the phone to HFC Bank, they seem to be taking this a bit more seriously than Hotpoint and an officail complaint is being logged - right off to try Dixons again, wish me luck!

quint Mon 10-Sep-07 10:32:03

no joy with Dixons really - just wanted to fob me off to Hotpoint again, however they did say that if the product is not repaied within 28 days of making the first call I am entitled to a replacement something to do with a breach of repair order or contract (or something like it anyway!) so only another 2 weeks to go - not much good in the mean time though.

Oh well it looks like shopping every day for me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now