Talk

Advanced search

George Foreman Grill Machines- anyone got one? are they worth buying???

(17 Posts)
prettymum Fri 07-Sep-07 22:59:33

im really tempted to buy one as i love grilled food, is the foreman grill machine worth the money??

meandmy Fri 07-Sep-07 23:02:02

umm it depends if you got cash and want one yes if lacking cash stick with the grill
if you do get one clean it whilst it still hot

prettymum Fri 07-Sep-07 23:06:07

the grill i have is absolutely useless, takes ages to cook anything. tried cooking some yummy looking pork chops yesterday, they did not look grilled at all!

cba Fri 07-Sep-07 23:06:27

mine has the plates that go in the dish washer.

spinspinsugar Fri 07-Sep-07 23:07:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OriginalUglyBetty Fri 07-Sep-07 23:08:03

Love mine, so would reccomend it

prettymum Fri 07-Sep-07 23:19:12

thankyou, i think i will be buying one soon then, just going to watch out for one going on salesmile

lornaloo Fri 07-Sep-07 23:20:30

No there not worth it..there shite. They make the meat taste wierd. There make an awful mess too. Your better off just using a normal grill or griddle pan imo.

marthamoo Fri 07-Sep-07 23:22:59

No, waste of space. I gave mine away. A grill is far less faffing and you don't have to keep swapping over little plastic trays to catch the fat.

I have the grill nad griddle combo thing and loveit. This one is too large for a cupboard though so has to sit on worktop. We use it at least twice a week though

We do chicken breasts, sausages, pork chops, gammon steaks, beef steaks, beef burgers, kebabs - loads on it. We even do bacon, eggs and mushrooms (although on hte griddle side).

Emprexia Fri 07-Sep-07 23:23:30

I love ours, we use it to cook most of our meat, sausages, pork, bacon, steaks, burgers...etc

Definitely worth it.

MissingMySleep Fri 07-Sep-07 23:44:00

Fantastic. Couldn't be without it. Get a big one though, not a tiddly one, as you can bung in all the extras as well.

iamasurvivor Sat 08-Sep-07 00:14:39

they are a ball ache to clean but we wouldnt be without ours, great for cooking meat on, especially when you see how much fat is drained away.

Browny Sat 08-Sep-07 00:40:39

I wouldn't be without mine now, they cook bacon in a fraction of the time it takes to 'grill' (which is a massive plus in our house as my lot are all bacon butty mad!) Seeing how much fact comes out of sausages is so shocking too! Oh, and don't forget they make brilliant toasted sandwiches too grin.

Browny Sat 08-Sep-07 00:41:12

blush fat

Furball Sat 08-Sep-07 07:55:25

envy at removeable plates

Mine doesn't have them but when still warm I just wipe it over with kitchen roll and hey presto, it's clean.

I love mine, so much less mess than a normal grill, no spitting and causing nightmares in your oven. I'd deffo recommend.

bubblagirl Sat 08-Sep-07 08:09:29

well worth the money so much healthier i do my sons food in it and surprising how much fat it drains out and you can cook almost everything in it

toasted sarnies are great in there you have to make sure it is wiped clean prpoerly after or could make food taste funny also to test as cooking and not just leaving it to recommended times as it could dry your meat and taste funny it is so much healthier though especially if doing childrens food

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now