Talk

Advanced search

combination car seat/booster seat: team tex/mothercare/mychild

(3 Posts)
ksmum Thu 06-Sep-07 13:15:50

I want to buy a spare car seat for occasional use in my brother's car. It would probably only be used once a week for a short journey so I don't want to spend #100 on it.

Have seen the mothercare one which is about #60 and which lasts until they are 12 as turns into a booster.

however have also seen 2 muich cheaper version: team tex and my child, both about #30 or 40 on kiddicare and anotehr website whose name I can't remember. I don't know anything about these brands and obviously I don't want to compromise on safety but maybe they are fine just not well known brands. Anyone ever heard of them?

ksmum Thu 06-Sep-07 14:04:29

This is the type of thing:

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay65__10751_-1__13826_10001

it has a 5 point harness so am assuming that means it is quite safe?

ksmum Thu 06-Sep-07 16:26:06

I seem to be talking to myself but I have now moved on as have decided these are not that safe from some other messages.

My next question is: Fisher Price seem to have soem relatively cheap Group 2 seats. DOes anybody know if they are safe or not?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: