Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

anyone able to recommend a swaddling product for ds2 (a big 7 week old)?

(11 Posts)
Tutter Wed 05-Sep-07 21:27:10

have been swaddling in a 90cm x 90cm sheet since birth but he's getting quite big for it (he's 13lbs) and is strong enough to wriggle free if he's really grouchy

there are loads of products out there when i google, so could do with a recommendation

Pannacotta Wed 05-Sep-07 21:31:51

Tutter, am also swaddling my DS2, also large and strong - he is in 6-9 month clothes and only 3.5 months old!!
I use a square cotton jersey blanket which I bought for DS1 ages ago in Mothercare. Its the best thing I have used, its thin and stretchy and he cant get loose in it. Any good size stretchy blanket should do. Can you go shopping? I think its easier to judge if you can have a feel of the fabric, rather than buying on line.

Tutter Wed 05-Sep-07 21:38:39

that's interesting. the sheet i'm using is not stretchy at all - i would have thought stretchy would be easier to wriggle free from??

i have a single sheet in a jersey fabric that i could chop up and try - only bought it for an inflatable bed (long since gone) so have no use for it

octoandflash Wed 05-Sep-07 21:39:54

I have some swaddle blankets from www.lulasapphire.co.uk - they are fab and very cool and soft!

octoandflash Wed 05-Sep-07 21:40:10

it might be .com!

Tutter Wed 05-Sep-07 21:41:35

gorgeous products on there octo

Tutter Wed 05-Sep-07 21:46:26

have ordered

and bookmarked site

<swoon>

octoandflash Wed 05-Sep-07 21:57:39

Yes - its lush - found them at the baby show last year - such cool stuff - have the bib/burp cloth sets, swaddle blankets and some of the katvig clothes. They do have sales and they do offers at the baby shows.

Pannacotta Wed 05-Sep-07 21:58:20

Lula Sapphire - GORGEOUS site!
I find stretchy easier but can see what you mean about the sheet, stretch seems to work for us anyway...

octoandflash Wed 05-Sep-07 22:24:55

for those in total retail therapy - have a look at www.babyangels.co.uk - very cute stuff but also some practical things too.

Pannacotta Wed 05-Sep-07 23:09:29

Babyangels lovely site too, where is my credit card!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now