Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Triple bunk beds - is the Flexa one the only one available in the UK????

(16 Posts)
TheQueenOfQuotes Tue 04-Sep-07 23:29:05

I know it's a long way off (DS3 is only 14 weeks old grin), but I'm starting to think about sleeping arrangements when he comes out of his cot. Currently in the DS's room (they're all going to have to share) we have a bunk bed, and space for a single bed.......BUT it doesn't leave much "playing" space. If we could have a big cupboard/wardrobe built into one of the alcoves (where we currently have one of those canvas double wardrobes) and one of these it would free up a LOT of space in their room.

However, that triple seems to be the only one I can find.....does anyone know of any other makers of something along the same lines???

NotAnOtter Tue 04-Sep-07 23:30:53

sorry no but that shop is in my town!!!
how odd!

NotAnOtter Tue 04-Sep-07 23:31:05

sorry no but that shop is in my town!!!
how odd!

TheQueenOfQuotes Tue 04-Sep-07 23:33:13

oooo - On Ilkley Moor Baht 'at grin

MrsWeasley Tue 04-Sep-07 23:34:12

one thing to think about it the room they will have on the top as they get bigger. When we moved there was a bed built it and its quite high, my DC can sit up in bed but thats it and if they get much taller wont be able to do even that.

It has 2 main problems for us firstly its a pain to change the sheets/tuck them in etc (as I cant sit up in it without hitting my head on the ceiling) and secondly, for my DC it gets very hot up there!

Just something to think about maybe,

NotAnOtter Tue 04-Sep-07 23:36:59

yes q of q!!

TheQueenOfQuotes Tue 04-Sep-07 23:38:36

that shouldn't be an issue - we've got high ceilings (old victorian house) in their bedroom so loads of space (ok I'm not very tall 5ft) but I can virtually stand up straight on the top bunk of their current bunk bed (which is 161cm - so 60cm shorter than this one)..

TheQueenOfQuotes Tue 04-Sep-07 23:39:27

oh and I have to climb onto this bed (their current one) to make it anyhow blush

kindersurprise Wed 05-Sep-07 00:04:04

Sorry, cannot help with alternatives, but our DD has a Flexa bed and we are very happy with it. Was slightly shock at the prices in UK though, here in Germany the prices are much lower.

TheQueenOfQuotes Wed 05-Sep-07 00:10:10

yes it's certainly not cheap (hence the reason I'm thinking well in advance lol) - but still a lot cheaper than moving to a bigger house grin (rest of the house is an ok size for family of 5 - but our 3rd bedroom is freezing even at the best of times (with central heating too!) and it's not cavity so insulating would be very expensive - hence the reasons it's used as an office and the DS's share.....although once DS1 is a little older we'll probably "re-jig" it so he's got his own little desk etc in here for studying etc.

Good to hear that they're ok quality wise smile - also like the fact that this triple bunk splits into 3 seperate single beds - so if we do suddenly find ourselves in a position to buy a bigger house we can just split the bunk into singles

kindersurprise Wed 05-Sep-07 00:24:08

Yes, quality wise they are great, bloody well should be at that price though. They are very popular here.

Needing to start thinking about new bed for DS actually, he is already 3 and still in toddler bed.

<< off to look at more flexa beds >>

TheQueenOfQuotes Wed 05-Sep-07 08:32:44

lol I suppose that's true at that sort of price you expect decent quality.

LIZS Wed 05-Sep-07 11:19:29

Otherwise could you have 2 high sleepers and a low between the two underneath ie not integrated like Flexa

LIZS Wed 05-Sep-07 11:21:13

btw we found Flexa significantly cheaper in Europe than Uk (may be vat and transport costs) but different sized ! dd's is 10cm longer than ds'

kitsandbits Wed 05-Sep-07 11:23:39

could you not have one of these? - 3rd bed just slides away during the day?

TheQueenOfQuotes Wed 05-Sep-07 11:58:45

kits - would be too complicated when it came to them getting up at different times (as they currently do) and getting up to use the toilet in the night.....have visions of DS2 landing on top of DS3 when he's half asleep grin

Also I like the fact that the flexa can be seperated into 3 seperate (proper) single beds - so if we do ever find ourselves in a position to buy a house with more bedrooms we wouldn't have to buy new beds.

Also my SIL has one of those (exact same one actually) for her DD's which we used when we were staying last week and it didn't feel particularly "sturdy" (and the slide out one which we slept on wasn't very comfortable either grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now