Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Another lightweight pushchair thread (sorry)

(11 Posts)
mumclaire Mon 03-Sep-07 16:10:10

I'm currently 4mths pg with dc2 and my ever so generous mother has insisted that she buys me a lightweight stroller to cart dd1 (18mths) about in whilst I'm pg. Not that I have a heavy pushchair (chicco trio) but hey I'm not turning down a freebie. Don't want to abuse generousity so nothing over £150. Am thinking something like a quinny zapp cos I like the way it folds and very light but I want it to recline!! Or else maybe a maclaren but have used other peoples and the brakes don't seem to be v. good. So what are your recommendations or ones to avoid????

3madboys Mon 03-Sep-07 16:12:41

what about the microlight stoller, it has big wheels at the back that makes it easy to fold, but also reclines etc, or at least the new ones do? i have a friend with one and she loves it.

3madboys Mon 03-Sep-07 16:13:47

actually that should have said that the big wheels make it easy to push

evenhope Mon 03-Sep-07 19:27:02

We've got a Mclaren Quest which is lovely to push and really light but yes I am having trouble with the brakes. What about a Silver Cross Pop? Looks like a Mclaren but much more substantial brakes.

bagpuss Mon 03-Sep-07 19:32:54

Maclaren Volo. Barkes are crap but you really don't need them. It is light and easy (ds2 is 2 btw) and takes up virtually no space. I really wish I had bought mine sooner (had a Zapp first). ds2 also sleeps in it fine - slept most of the way around the science museum in London last month and looked quite comfy in it. Kiddicare do good deals on last years colours too.

shhhh Tue 04-Sep-07 22:33:59

We have just bought the silvercross pop for dd for our hols. We haven't used it 100% yet BUT so far we love it and my neighbour has just old me she has one as well and finds it brill.

We just sold our zapp as although it was ideal for dd around town it doesn't recline and we wanted that option incase we wanted to have a meal etc while on hol....

We got it from boots at a bargain price as we got 20% discount smile.

TheBlonde Wed 05-Sep-07 15:11:29

I would recommend Maclaren - we have a Quest

But if you fancy a cheapie volo-like buggy Tesco have them for a tenner at the moment

PhoenixSongbird Wed 05-Sep-07 15:18:29

I loved the look of the Zapp when dd was 7 months (now 2.5) and I was looking for a lightweight stroller. I ended up getting a Maclaren Quest because I wanted it to recline and wanted a bigger basket. However, I have never ever reclined it as dd protested very strongly the first time I tried and she hasn’t actually slept in a stroller since she was about 5 months old (damn her!), the brakes are crap (but I generally don’t need them) and actually, the basket’s a bit rubbish (small and awkward) as well! But it’s very light, turns on a sixpence and is a very funky green pattern!

In hindsight I wish I’d got the Zapp.

preggersagain Wed 05-Sep-07 15:23:11

the pop is lovely and suitable from birth which may come in handy grin

1dilemma Wed 05-Sep-07 23:07:27

My 4 yr old volo is still going strong on baby no 3!!
Wheels beginning to look a bit dodgy (no doubt not helped by dh picking it up and shoving it back on when it fell off!) and brakes are poor as someone said earlier

stealthsquiggle Wed 05-Sep-07 23:09:31

Another McLaren Volo vote here. The brakes are crap, and it's not great on rough surfaces, but it is so light and convenient that I will forgive it a lot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now