Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a petite star zia stroller?

(9 Posts)
Rumpel Sun 02-Sep-07 16:16:59

Can you tell me the handle height please?

Rumpel Sun 02-Sep-07 16:21:16

bump

Rumpel Sun 02-Sep-07 16:57:11

bumpity bump

Rumpel Sun 02-Sep-07 20:58:56

HELLO anyone there - help please!

BexieID Sat 08-Sep-07 21:55:46

I have one, which i'm selling. Will measure for you.

BexieID Mon 10-Sep-07 12:39:33

It's 35" to the bottom of the handle and 41" to the top.

mumclaire Thu 13-Sep-07 21:56:03

Bexie - would you (or anyone else who owns one) recommend this pushchair?? Seems like a good alternative to zapp but haven't actually seen it in the flesh..

amazonianwoman Fri 14-Sep-07 13:45:16

Mumclaire - I've just bought one grin to keep in the car/for quick shop dashes etc (have fab fab Mt Buggy which is a bit big to keep loading into the car)

Have only tried it around the house with 3.3yr old DD (too old for a buggy but DS is asleep) and it's great smile I'm not really one for little buggies (don't like Maclarens etc - just my humble opinion!) but I like it so far.

It doesn't fold as small as the Zapp - not much longer but quite a bit wider, it wouldn't pass the onboard flight luggage size if you wanted it for that purpose, but it is very light.

It's quicker and easier to un/fold than the Zapp.

I'd say the fabric is of comparable quality to the Zapp. I've gone for black - I think the cranberry is a bit of a pinky red so not what I wanted for DS, the teal is a nice bright turquoise.

The wheels are perhaps a little more plasticky than Zapp and don't know how they'd fare long-term if you used it outside all the time as a main buggy, but then I'm used to inflatable tyres.

It manoeuvres well (around my house lol), the handle height is fine - I'm 5ft9 and it's fine for me without heels. As if I go prancing around in stilettos anymore hmm

The basket is big enough to hold the raincover (which fits easily but guess an older child could kick off the bottom bit?) as well as nappies/wipes/drinks bottle/purse etc.

The hood doesn't cover as well as the Zapp's - I'm a bit of a stickler for good sun protection as I've had melanoma, so I'd use my protect-a-bub to keep the sun off. I don't think it's any worse than a Maclaren Quest/Triumph though.

The recline mechanism is easy - just pull or loosen a single strap at the back. The upright position is good if you tighten the strap well, the layback is good too. I wouldn't use if for a newborn but will have no hesitation putting 6mth old DS in it for a sleep (I like cots for newborns smile)

The seat is roomy - plenty of room for 3.3yr old DD who is just over 100cm tall and average build. Straps/buckles are fine. Brake is same mechanism as the Zapp.

To glance at it it looks exactly like a Zapp, except for the fab recline & basket. It will probably only cope with smooth ground, but then that's all I want it to do.

Oh, and it's £99 rather than £120-£150 for the Zapp smile Bonus!!

Will be taking it for a test drive trying to get DS to sleep tomorrow morning while DD is at ballet, so will report back if you're interested.

dellgirl13 Fri 14-Sep-07 22:46:38

hi i also bought one recently have just been praising it on another thread. it is brill use it as a 'car'stroller for my six month old hover my 2 yr old has been in it too. one thing i have found , and will have to see how much of a problem it is, is that because the wheels are easily released by clips, on two occasions they have'fell offf' due to hitting rough ground. and my dh went down the kerb at an angle and the rear one came off. i am now aware and am carefull where and how i push it. apart from this its great and it fits in the boot of a zafira. the only lie back i have found!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now