Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know if there is something to stop babies flipping over onto their fronts in bed?

(13 Posts)
paolosgirl Sat 01-Sep-07 21:23:59

My 5 month old has just started to do this, and wakes up sqealing when he realises he's face down on the mattress. I'm sure I've seen something that stops them doing this - anyone help?

pinkspottywellies Sat 01-Sep-07 21:29:08

I remembered seeing this but I've not tried it so can't recommend or otherwise.

VeniVidiVickiQV Sat 01-Sep-07 21:31:22

The only thing that really solved this for me, was helping DS (DD was fine with this) to learn to flip back onto his back.

snowleopard Sat 01-Sep-07 21:35:12

Not a cheap option, but it's very hard for them to flip over in an amby hammmock

We used one for DS, and loved it for this and many other reasons.

baffledbb Sat 01-Sep-07 21:40:16

my dd from about 6 months on easily flipped from front to hands and knees in her amby hammock and even though she could easily roll from front to back on a flat surface once she was flipped in the hammock she had to be righted. IMHO an amby hammock wouldn't be a solution.

snowleopard Sat 01-Sep-07 21:41:51

I stand corrected!

baffledbb Sat 01-Sep-07 21:42:19

I meant easily flipped from back to front in the hammock.

paolosgirl Sat 01-Sep-07 21:47:16

Thanks for the suggestions here smile

Piffle Sat 01-Sep-07 22:08:42

Crikey aren't babies funny
My 5 mth old squeals when he rolls onto his back when asleep!

soremummy Fri 07-Sep-07 13:35:36

I have used something very similiar to the one that has the picture. It was bought for 10 euro in france and used it from birth I have found this brilliant as my 17 week old now cant roll over she can just get slightly on her side if you know what I mean. Just make sure that it is one with velcro on one side as it adjusts to the width of the baby in other words fits snuggly so not enough gap to let them roll over. Hope this helps.

meandmy Fri 07-Sep-07 13:39:54

bumping as my dd only slept on her front and continually cried when on her back!

Aitch Fri 07-Sep-07 16:31:44

try folding a towel in half and rolling up the sides before investing in a product.

entropy Sun 09-Sep-07 20:44:59

I have a sheet pad with a pillow thing (sposed to help flat spots on head) and two side bumpers which all stick to pad with velcro so are very adjustable.(similar to one in pic but not as cute) I'm done with it now as dd is 13 months and likes to sleep every way up. its washable. I could let you have it very cheap if you wanted it.

I'm not describing it very well so if you are interested I'll look up a link or take a photo of it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now