Advanced search


(8 Posts)
LIZS Sat 01-Sep-07 19:44:39

We have a suspect floorboard in utility room which surveyor had a sharp intake of breath over. There has been slight movement over time and the boards are not even in height or colour. Had someone around to look at it yesterday who recommmnds checking the visible pipework (ie to washing machine, which has leaked a bit) and running a dehumidifier for a while to see if it helps. Otherwise the whole floor has to come up shock

Can anyone recoemmend an effective but cheap one please. tia

dissle Sat 01-Sep-07 19:45:29

looked in argos catalogue?

LIZS Sat 01-Sep-07 19:47:32

Not closely yet but as they range from £20 to over £100 not sure whetehr you get what you pay for or if a cheaper one would do ?

LIZS Mon 03-Sep-07 20:46:15


docket Sun 26-Oct-08 17:29:42

LIZS did you ever get one? Can anyone else recommend one, I think we need one.



Bride1 Sun 26-Oct-08 18:03:36

I have one and I was shocked to see how much water it had extracted from our utility room, where we dry washing.

Our is old and the label isn't clear. It cost about eighty pounds, I think. I think the more you pay the bigger the area they can cope with. Probably you get what you pay for.

docket Sun 26-Oct-08 18:21:13

Thanks for replying Bride, not the most exciting subject I know!

Bride1 Sun 26-Oct-08 18:55:05

I'm afraid I have a rather nerdy interest in our humidifier and have been known to race upstairs carrying the water holder and shouting, 'Look how much I got today!'

So thanks for letting me share.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: