Talk

Advanced search

Phone "Socks"-Where???????????????????

(16 Posts)
Whooosh Sat 01-Sep-07 14:12:50

Need a couple quickly so Ebay not an option.
Any idea where to get them from?

Caz10 Sat 01-Sep-07 14:14:09

What are they?!

Whooosh Sat 01-Sep-07 14:17:52

Knd of knitted "pockets" for mobile phones.Am off travelling on Monday and want to protect my phone and new slimline camera-theylook ideal but am running out of time to get them....

SoupDragon Sat 01-Sep-07 14:18:59

use a pair of baby socks

MerlinsBeard Sat 01-Sep-07 14:26:15

i think tesco had some the other day

lou33 Sat 01-Sep-07 14:46:16

claires accessories

Caz10 Sat 01-Sep-07 14:56:09

Carphone Warehouse etc?

Or Accessorize for pretty ones?

Whooosh Sat 01-Sep-07 21:54:31

Thanks all-had decided that a pair of infant socks would suffice if I don't get a chance to get anywhere which sells them...

lou33 Sun 02-Sep-07 12:42:18

can anyone tell me what the point of phone socks are?

TinyGang Sun 02-Sep-07 12:49:31

Yes Claire's accessories have them.

I bought one for dd by mistake - we thought it was a little wrist band with Miffy on it.

It took me ages to work out that it was for a phone. I thought it could only be a very small sock for one footgrin

Dd put it on her doll in the end.

stealthsquiggle Sun 02-Sep-07 13:00:29

lou if you don't get it you are obviously not as clumsy as I am - use of a phone sock vastly increases the life expectancy of a phone for me as I constantly drop them. The one I have also clips on to my bag so I stand more chance of finding it when it rings.

lou33 Sun 02-Sep-07 14:29:44

ah ok i see

my phone is just always jammed in my pocket, i don't carry a bag

stealthsquiggle Sun 02-Sep-07 21:57:30

Neither do I when (if) I can escape without DC and all attendant rubbish - but when I am in Mummy mode I am carrying so much crap that the phone has no chance! Phone sock is also useful for when I am wearing stupid work suits with no pockets as I can hang it round my neck! I was going to post what the brand is on mine for the OP but (a) it's a bit late for her and (b) I can't find it blush

popsycal Sun 02-Sep-07 22:00:29

I have no idea what you want,but this reminded me a faboulous thread years ago, about a MNers who wore pants on her head while on the phone so she could hold the phone to her ear and 'multi-task'

MrsWeasley Sun 02-Sep-07 22:01:04

when I read this I LOL "a phone sock how daft" BUT my last phone got all dust in the screen and the cover couldnt come off, so it just got worse and worse and I couldnt read the messages. I was told it was because I kept it in my pocket, so a phone sock would have been a great idea for my phone!

stealthsquiggle Sun 02-Sep-07 22:03:30

ok mine is not quite this silly, but this is what the OP was talking about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now