Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a frost free or Auto defrost fridge or freezer?

(14 Posts)

Is it good? Is it worth it? I don't want to pay for a useless gimmick.

flamingtoaster Sat 01-Sep-07 08:48:16

I have a frost-free fridge which is fine (just be sure you keep the draining hole inside the back of the fridge clear!). Also you need to clean the evaporation tray behind the fridge occasionally or it gets a bit horrible! I haven't got a frost free freezer because my friend has had problems with several makes and gone back to the traditional ones - but I know other people who haven't had problems, so far!

My freezer is and I think its well worth it. I never have to defrost it to get rid of all the ice build up.

ChippyMinton Sat 01-Sep-07 10:58:13

Definately worth it.

fuzzywuzzy Sat 01-Sep-07 10:59:09

I have both, and the only problem with a frost free freezer is that my ice cube trays end up empty if I dont use them immediately....

ChippyMinton Sat 01-Sep-07 13:05:47

fuzzywuzzy that may explain why my icecube tray has a lid 'that must be used' [lightbulb coming on emoticon]

FuzzyWozzy - what do you mean ice cube trays end up empty? Do they melt? Evapuorate?

I use the bags - do you think they will be OK?

Can I ask what brands you have. I am currently looking at the JohnLewis (probably) oe Hotpoint/Zanussi (maybe)

I have a Hotpoint, don't know which model.

ChippyMinton Sat 01-Sep-07 16:22:00

hotpoint here

ChippyMinton Sat 01-Sep-07 16:22:46

meant to add - we use bags sometimes, they work fine.

stleger Sat 01-Sep-07 17:02:38

My zanussi was broken for 3 weeks last September. Their man was useless. I will never buy anything from them again, or from the shop that supplied it!

MrsSpoon Sat 01-Sep-07 17:18:30

We've got a frost free Samsung and it has been great so far.

fuzzywuzzy Sun 02-Sep-07 13:14:00

I mean the ice cubes are there and if not used, they errmm I imagine go the same way as unwanted ice/frost build up, the trays all end up empty, I've taken to emptying them in a bag and storing them in the freezer drawers, which works well.

I have a Bosch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now