Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got the Mattel catelogue for replacement of recalled Polly Pockets etc.

(32 Posts)
SlightlyMadShockwave Fri 31-Aug-07 21:40:21

I have heard there is not much Polly Pocket in there. Do you mind listing it if it is not too much trouble (new magnetic stuff really). I am trying to decide whether to return my stuff to Toys r Us at half value (as it was reduced to half price before they stopped selling it) and get vouchers I can spend on anything or if there is something in teh Mattel replacements catelogue worth having.

Cheers

SlightlyMadShockwave Fri 31-Aug-07 21:41:17

Sorry that wasn't clear. I would like a list of the Magnetic Polly Pocket stuff that is in the catelogue...not the whole catelogue!!!

Bump

ChippyMinton Sat 01-Sep-07 08:52:47

From memory, as i have just sent DD's stuff back & can't find my copy:
swimming pool where she changes colour
totally paws spa
disco dance stage thing (large)
disco (small)
car with magnetic bits
car with garage thingy
and several small sets with a doll & accessories.
Most of them are in the argos & tesco catalogues but the prices are not always the same. A value is given for the old stuff (i assume it's the retail price) and you are suppposed to choose a replacement with the same value. I totted up DD's and it came to £36 so i chose new stuff that came to the same total amount. HTH

MrsCarrot Sat 01-Sep-07 08:56:16

Why were they recalled? Dd has got some stuff from ebay. Is it faulty?

So you didn't notice teh big purple aeroplabe (£45ish) then?

Anything with a magnet in is likely to be faulty. The magnets can come free, be swallowed and cause perforation of the gut.

MaureenMLove Sat 01-Sep-07 09:03:54

Mines in the recycling bin outside, I'll get it for you, but I'm not dressed yet, so I may be some time! (Builders doing stuff opposite - I have standards!)

MrsCarrot Sat 01-Sep-07 09:05:26

Oh. I haven't heard anything about this, better go and check it all. Thanks.

I suppose you can only return them with receipts?

ChippyMinton Sat 01-Sep-07 09:10:05

MrsC, you don't need a receipt to send stuff back to Mattel. It's not all stuff though - the new stuff has a plastic coating over the magnet. It's the stuff where the magnet is exposed and looks like a silver button that is a risk.

SMS - definately no aeroplane in the list.

MrsCarrot Sat 01-Sep-07 09:12:24

Hmm, silver button magnets sound familiar, thanks for advice.

ChippyMinton Sat 01-Sep-07 09:16:48

heree's the list MrsC
If you have any, email mattel with the details and your name & address. They send you a pack with a freepost label to return the stuff, list of affected items and a list of replacemnt producst to choose form (not all PP, some barbie & other stuff)

MaureenMLove Sat 01-Sep-07 09:22:43

Polly Pocket Replacement stuff

B1252 Splashin Fashion Playset 12.99
J9969 Totally Trendy Paw Spa 14.99
K7316 Stylin Flying Polly 12.99
K8359 Cool Cruiser Asst 9.99
K8362 Dance n Groove Disco 14.99
K9303 Dance n Groove Asst 9.99
K9308 Cool Drive Through 14.99
L5078 Polly Cars 2.99
K3664 Variety pack 2.99
K9205 Rock n go Bag 6.99

MrsCarrot Sat 01-Sep-07 09:27:10

Thanks. Just looked at DD's sea of a bedroom and think I hunt it out later. Lo 's just starting to crawl so I'll keep him out of there for now.

thanks Maureen...theres not much to replace £45 worth of stuff is there?

LIZS Sat 01-Sep-07 10:00:19

Finally got it yesterday . There isn't a whole load of choice for PP but you can also choose form other ranges like selected Barbie and a few games. They also include a list to value the returns by which I'm not sure necessarily corresponds with what you may have originally paid. We've got £38 ish to "spend" - dd wants a car and pool plus maybe some smaller sets. They also illustrate the difference between unsafe magents (bare silver circles) and the safe ones encased in plastic resin.

Hulababy Sat 01-Sep-07 10:02:04

Lizs - we didn't get the returns value list. We had the Limoscene to return - what was that valued at?

We just listed some items from the replacement magazine that DD would like as a replacement. So hoping for best now.

Hulababy Sat 01-Sep-07 10:03:11

Has anyone has their items replaces by Mateel yet. Just wondering how long it will take.

LIZS Sat 01-Sep-07 10:06:33

Limoscene was £12.99 - rrp to be used as a "guide price" whatever that means hmm

MamaG Sat 01-Sep-07 10:09:45

ooh Mo did you go sashaying out to the recycling bin in your negligee? Hussy.

Hulababy Sat 01-Sep-07 10:23:04

Hmm - we paid over £15 for it originally! I listed stuff from catalogue for about £15 ish I think. Oh well.

MaureenMLove Sat 01-Sep-07 10:24:26

grin Yeah, and my little pink fluffy slippers!

I agree, there's not much to choose from. I had a bit of a result actually. DD is nearly 12, so not really likely to swallow a magnet and tbh they've been kicking around in her bedroom for ages. So she's swapping for a Scene IT game! (Also the kit that cost £30 rrp, came from a bootfair for £2!)grin

Hula - I got £15 for my limo (what I paid) from Toys r Us. They are giving refunds on last selling price - so you have to be careful what you take in. For example the House of Style is refunded at £15 (originally sold at £30).

BUT if you take your items in they will take them off you and won't let you take them home.

What I did was take my Limo in (which is still on website at £15), got my refund on that and then said "I have some others - what is your refund value on X, Y & Z".

LIZS - do you think you could check the value on

G8614 Polly Pocket!? Quik-Clik? House of Style? Playset
G8605 Polly Pocket!? Quik-Clik? Boutique

Both sets are vitually complete (1 shoe and 1 ponytail missing in total)

Thanks a million.

LIZS Sat 01-Sep-07 15:27:17

G8614 Polly Pocket Quik-Clik House of Style Playset £29.99
G8605 Polly Pocket Quik-Clik Boutique £12.99

hth

TY so much....thats full price....I guess I just have to take my chance with finding something in the catelogue ....any preschool toys I could send to Santa (18m/2yrs)?

Sorry to be a pain. I don't want to send them to Mattel if I would be better off getting 1/2 price refund from TrU which I could spend on anything

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now