Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got the Mattel catelogue for replacement of recalled Polly Pockets etc.

(32 Posts)
SlightlyMadShockwave Fri 31-Aug-07 21:40:21

I have heard there is not much Polly Pocket in there. Do you mind listing it if it is not too much trouble (new magnetic stuff really). I am trying to decide whether to return my stuff to Toys r Us at half value (as it was reduced to half price before they stopped selling it) and get vouchers I can spend on anything or if there is something in teh Mattel replacements catelogue worth having.

Cheers

SlightlyMadShockwave Fri 31-Aug-07 21:41:17

Sorry that wasn't clear. I would like a list of the Magnetic Polly Pocket stuff that is in the catelogue...not the whole catelogue!!!

SlightlyMadSCAREYthing Sat 01-Sep-07 08:46:08

Bump

ChippyMinton Sat 01-Sep-07 08:52:47

From memory, as i have just sent DD's stuff back & can't find my copy:
swimming pool where she changes colour
totally paws spa
disco dance stage thing (large)
disco (small)
car with magnetic bits
car with garage thingy
and several small sets with a doll & accessories.
Most of them are in the argos & tesco catalogues but the prices are not always the same. A value is given for the old stuff (i assume it's the retail price) and you are suppposed to choose a replacement with the same value. I totted up DD's and it came to £36 so i chose new stuff that came to the same total amount. HTH

MrsCarrot Sat 01-Sep-07 08:56:16

Why were they recalled? Dd has got some stuff from ebay. Is it faulty?

SlightlyMadSCAREYthing Sat 01-Sep-07 08:56:43

So you didn't notice teh big purple aeroplabe (£45ish) then?

SlightlyMadSCAREYthing Sat 01-Sep-07 08:57:24

Anything with a magnet in is likely to be faulty. The magnets can come free, be swallowed and cause perforation of the gut.

MaureenMLove Sat 01-Sep-07 09:03:54

Mines in the recycling bin outside, I'll get it for you, but I'm not dressed yet, so I may be some time! (Builders doing stuff opposite - I have standards!)

MrsCarrot Sat 01-Sep-07 09:05:26

Oh. I haven't heard anything about this, better go and check it all. Thanks.

I suppose you can only return them with receipts?

ChippyMinton Sat 01-Sep-07 09:10:05

MrsC, you don't need a receipt to send stuff back to Mattel. It's not all stuff though - the new stuff has a plastic coating over the magnet. It's the stuff where the magnet is exposed and looks like a silver button that is a risk.

SMS - definately no aeroplane in the list.

MrsCarrot Sat 01-Sep-07 09:12:24

Hmm, silver button magnets sound familiar, thanks for advice.

ChippyMinton Sat 01-Sep-07 09:16:48

heree's the list MrsC
If you have any, email mattel with the details and your name & address. They send you a pack with a freepost label to return the stuff, list of affected items and a list of replacemnt producst to choose form (not all PP, some barbie & other stuff)

MaureenMLove Sat 01-Sep-07 09:22:43

Polly Pocket Replacement stuff

B1252 Splashin Fashion Playset 12.99
J9969 Totally Trendy Paw Spa 14.99
K7316 Stylin Flying Polly 12.99
K8359 Cool Cruiser Asst 9.99
K8362 Dance n Groove Disco 14.99
K9303 Dance n Groove Asst 9.99
K9308 Cool Drive Through 14.99
L5078 Polly Cars 2.99
K3664 Variety pack 2.99
K9205 Rock n go Bag 6.99

MrsCarrot Sat 01-Sep-07 09:27:10

Thanks. Just looked at DD's sea of a bedroom and think I hunt it out later. Lo 's just starting to crawl so I'll keep him out of there for now.

SlightlyMadSCAREYthing Sat 01-Sep-07 09:39:19

thanks Maureen...theres not much to replace £45 worth of stuff is there?

LIZS Sat 01-Sep-07 10:00:19

Finally got it yesterday . There isn't a whole load of choice for PP but you can also choose form other ranges like selected Barbie and a few games. They also include a list to value the returns by which I'm not sure necessarily corresponds with what you may have originally paid. We've got £38 ish to "spend" - dd wants a car and pool plus maybe some smaller sets. They also illustrate the difference between unsafe magents (bare silver circles) and the safe ones encased in plastic resin.

Hulababy Sat 01-Sep-07 10:02:04

Lizs - we didn't get the returns value list. We had the Limoscene to return - what was that valued at?

We just listed some items from the replacement magazine that DD would like as a replacement. So hoping for best now.

Hulababy Sat 01-Sep-07 10:03:11

Has anyone has their items replaces by Mateel yet. Just wondering how long it will take.

LIZS Sat 01-Sep-07 10:06:33

Limoscene was £12.99 - rrp to be used as a "guide price" whatever that means hmm

MamaG Sat 01-Sep-07 10:09:45

ooh Mo did you go sashaying out to the recycling bin in your negligee? Hussy.

Hulababy Sat 01-Sep-07 10:23:04

Hmm - we paid over £15 for it originally! I listed stuff from catalogue for about £15 ish I think. Oh well.

MaureenMLove Sat 01-Sep-07 10:24:26

grin Yeah, and my little pink fluffy slippers!

I agree, there's not much to choose from. I had a bit of a result actually. DD is nearly 12, so not really likely to swallow a magnet and tbh they've been kicking around in her bedroom for ages. So she's swapping for a Scene IT game! (Also the kit that cost £30 rrp, came from a bootfair for £2!)grin

SlightlyMadSCAREYthing Sat 01-Sep-07 13:02:15

Hula - I got £15 for my limo (what I paid) from Toys r Us. They are giving refunds on last selling price - so you have to be careful what you take in. For example the House of Style is refunded at £15 (originally sold at £30).

BUT if you take your items in they will take them off you and won't let you take them home.

What I did was take my Limo in (which is still on website at £15), got my refund on that and then said "I have some others - what is your refund value on X, Y & Z".

LIZS - do you think you could check the value on

G8614 Polly Pocket!? Quik-Clik? House of Style? Playset
G8605 Polly Pocket!? Quik-Clik? Boutique

Both sets are vitually complete (1 shoe and 1 ponytail missing in total)

Thanks a million.

LIZS Sat 01-Sep-07 15:27:17

G8614 Polly Pocket Quik-Clik House of Style Playset £29.99
G8605 Polly Pocket Quik-Clik Boutique £12.99

hth

SlightlyMadSCAREYthing Sat 01-Sep-07 15:32:27

TY so much....thats full price....I guess I just have to take my chance with finding something in the catelogue ....any preschool toys I could send to Santa (18m/2yrs)?

Sorry to be a pain. I don't want to send them to Mattel if I would be better off getting 1/2 price refund from TrU which I could spend on anything

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: