Talk

Advanced search

Got my new Bugaboo - love it BUT

(16 Posts)
helenelisabeth Thu 30-Aug-07 18:53:40

damn it is hard work to dismantle/work out how to put it together! I feel like I am about to go into labour just from trying to get the flipping Maxi Cosi car seat adaptors off!

Anyone who has one, will I get used to it!?!

ScottishMummy Thu 30-Aug-07 20:55:09

shame you are struggling - does take wee bity get used to but usually not so hard

never had maxi cosi adaptors on it tho

try
manual
dvd

helenelisabeth Thu 30-Aug-07 21:03:34

ScottishMummy, my Dad has the total knack of the lot of it, I think it is my big bump in the way! I do love it though, so nice to push, its all set up in the garage with plastic over it, keep wanting to go in and fiddle with it!

chocolateshoes Thu 30-Aug-07 21:06:16

I remember dreading trying to fold mine up in public in case I couldn't do it! It takes a bit of practise but once you've got the knack it is brilliant and 2 years on I am so pleased we got one.

bizziebee Thu 30-Aug-07 21:09:38

you can just leave the car seat adaptors on can't you? (eek - that's what I've been doing!) The bugger of the bugaboo is getting the knack of opening up the frame (once you have though - it is great!) grin

helenelisabeth Thu 30-Aug-07 21:34:34

Yep, the frame is Krypton Factor material! I think you have to make sure the handle bar is down fully don't you so the handlebar collapses? hmm.

Bizziebee, do you mean keeping the adaptors on the CAR SEAT or the frame of the Bugaboo? I didn't think that the frame closes with the adaptors still on it?

bizziebee Thu 30-Aug-07 21:37:34

keeping the adaptors on the car seat; mine just stay on the seat the whole time.

helenelisabeth Thu 30-Aug-07 21:49:54

I take it fits in your car okay like that Bizziebee? I tried to fit the Maxi Cosi in my car today, again needed my dad's help! grin Totally useless atm. I think I will keep the adaptors on mine as i am thinking they will be lost in around 2 minutes flat of me using it! As long as it does not affect the safety of the car seat though.

orangecat Thu 30-Aug-07 21:53:38

You do get used to it. They are brilliant except the putting together/ dismantling part. At least you are clever and testing it out first. I had only ever put it up and took DD shopping only to find I had no idea how to put it down. V embarrasing struggle with it. Have had friends call for dismantling instructions!

Took me ages to cotton onto the fact that the wheels are really easy to take off, helps loads when packing the car for a trip as makes it loads flatter.

Good luck - I'm sure you'll continue to love it

helenelisabeth Thu 30-Aug-07 22:00:24

Thanks orangecat. I am going to get it out everyday until LO is born because I think the more I fiddle with it, the better. I have learnt from DD1's pram (not a Bugaboo), like you I only put it up after I had had her and can remember nearly throwing it off a multi-storey car park 5 days after giving birth! Same with the car seat!

helenelisabeth Thu 30-Aug-07 22:00:46

Must add throwing PRAM off car park NOT DD!

orangecat Thu 30-Aug-07 22:07:36

TBH I still struggle with putting it up/taking it down, 2 years later! But hasn't put me off it. Only thing that has is the 2 new models they brought out, making mine look positively decrepid.

May well have to move onto a Phil & Teds with baby 2 on the way, but that's a whole other discussion...

helenelisabeth Thu 30-Aug-07 22:17:49

Do you have the Frog or Cameleon Orangecat?

orangecat Fri 31-Aug-07 20:49:36

A frog

helenelisabeth Sat 01-Sep-07 14:29:15

I actually prefer the Frog to the Cameleon. I love the quilted hood.

orangecat Sat 01-Sep-07 19:47:37

Makes me feel a little better smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now